Cage Brings 'Dresden Files' to Sci Fi

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Nicolas Cage has become the latest Hollywood A-lister to do business with the Sci Fi Channel, signing on to executive produce a movie/pilot for the cable network.
Cage's company, Saturn Films, and Lions Gate TV are backing a two-hour movie called "The Dresden Files." The movie is based on a series of novels by Jim Butcher about Chicago private eye Harry Dresden, whose sleuthing abilities are aided by the fact that he's a wizard.

The movie is scheduled to begin shooting later this fall, with Toronto standing in for the Windy City, and is due to premiere next summer. If it does well enough, Sci Fi has an option to pick it up as a series.

Hans Beimler ("The District") and Robert Wolfe ("The 4400"), who worked together on "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine," are writing the script for "The Dresden Files," which will introduce Dresden and the unique way he works. He's able to see otherworldly forces at work in cases that look like run-of-the-mill crimes, and sometimes consults with the police when they need a supernatural hand.
In keeping with detective-fiction tradition, Dresden also maintains a cockeyed outlook on the world around him and is quick with a one-liner.

Beimler and Wolfe will join Cage as executive producers of the project, as will Morgan Gendel and Saturn's Norm Golightly.

The "Lord of War" star and Oscar winner, who this week gave his baby son the sci-fi name Kal-El, joins several other showbiz bigshots in signing up with the Sci Fi Channel. In December the channel will unveil "The Triangle," a Bermuda Triangle miniseries produced by Bryan Singer ("X-Men") and Dean Devlin ("Independence Day"). Directors Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese and Frank Darabont are attached as producers of other projects in the works at Sci Fi.

Source

The only truely good show on scifi channel is battle star galactica, I like scifi, horror, and fantasy stuff on there but all of it thats produced by scifi tends to be C quality stuff. Maybe cage will bring something new to the table and build on what BSG has started.

korsjs said:
i enjoy nick cage as an actor. should be interesting.
Surely you jest. I simply cannot envision a worse actor. Nicolas Cage is perhaps the worst actor in Hollywood history, if not in the history of the acting profession; just one minute of his pathetic, lost puppy dog babbling and it's enough to trigger my gag reflex. One thing is for certain: anything involving this guy is going to be horrible...it should be interesting finding out just how bad it will be.

Van, I hope you're not hungry because what Mr Cage brings to the table isn't fit for human consumption. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts