Call from the Audit Department.... what's next?

The best thing that they can do is to either force us into dual/quad receivers, have a central hub where you can add additional tuners, or the most likely route that they would take would be to have the lnbf and/or switch communicate to the receivers to see if both can identify the same lnbf/switch (serial number all of them).

Stargazer said:
The best thing that they can do is to either force us into dual/quad receivers, have a central hub where you can add additional tuners, or the most likely route that they would take would be to have the lnbf and/or switch communicate to the receivers to see if both can identify the same lnbf/switch (serial number all of them).
Well, as we've discussed before, the receiver-to-receiver communication via LNB would be a VERY smart thing to do to implement "DishComm". So of course, they aren't going to. :cool:

Account stacking could be cut way back if each receiver knew which other receivers it had to "see". However, neither the coax nor proposed power-line method will do anything about people in apartment buildings and the like that share dishes and/or power transformers.

well i thought i heard the last of the audit dept, i guess not well on vacation last week recioeved call about non returned equipment, i tell them im on vacation and item was sent via ups srs tag i told them i would give them the numbers when i return home,. the other day i get home call tyhem explain situation they then say my equipment was returned so no charge
i then add 501 to my account for total of 2 irds, lady says she can activate foir 24 hours then i need to call audit team i call audit team thjis am
and tell them my primary ird isnt working, how couls this be im on autopay
he says weve been trying to get a hold of you for awhile to run test.
RUN AUDIT TEST ON ! IRD, if they been trying to get a hold of me for awhile so we run test on my now 2 irds, second was added yesterday

waste of fuc*ing time i can see running tests if customer has 4 or more irds but 1, now 2 but test scheduled for awhile accoring to audit team represenative
Thats why dish gets 70 cents a day and no more from me, just so i can bitch till the cows come home
it was just a incovience and a hassle not to mention waste of time
but at least the audit represenative was pleasent surprise surprise
AUDITED WITH 2 IRDS SECOND ADDED YESTERDAY BUT TEST SCHEDULED FOR AWHILE SO THEY WANTED TO AUDIT MY 1 IRD!

I had a service call on an account stacker. The fool moved, and tried to run a legacy reciever with a dish pro twin and a SW21 (LOL!). I took out the SW21, installed a DP adapter, and Voila! It passed the check switch. Then I had to drive way over to the house where it was supposed to be and take pictures of the PROPERLY installed and grounded dish, along with a picture of the mailbox with the address on it, so I could turn those in to get paid. I did not fix his half assed self install. And why should I? I'm not being paid for an install, + the guy is ripping dish off, and if somebody goes to QC it, they'll go to the real house anyway (assuming they can find it--I spent an hour looking for it. No road sign + No hablo inglais = wtf am I doing driving around in circles all day?). The guy is lucky I didn't turn his ass in.

Cheap bastards! Get your own account!!!!!

if you work for the company its your duty to turn in all cheats
turn him in, account stacking is wrong unless you own multiple properties
imho
to each their own i guess

Last edited:
hi,

If you read section 4f of the residential service agreement, which can be found at www.dishnetwork.com, also section 9a about the network stations and physical address and also section 9e stating dish network has the right to change the rules.
That will show justification, for the audits

n0qcu said:
And me..really fun when you have WAY too many receivers.

One could sudgest that you create a word or excel spreadsheet with all the infomation they ask for, making it easyer to do. i seriously doubt that they will send a lil fairy to put a sticker on your reciever with some "code" you need to tell them some night. of course i havent been through it yet so i dunno if there is information they need thats stored in the reciever, or is it just the numbers on the box its self

NightRyder said:
Yes they treat the customer like a crook, and if it's not costing them customers it certainly isn't helping their image any.

According to the Nazi Audit Squad if the receiver isn't under the same roof it must be on a separate account, regardless of what Dish has told the customer previously.

NightRyder

and that is where i would tell them to go *boink* them selfs and ask for their phone number so you can call them at home and audit their telephone service, as you can only have one phone and it be from the telco, lol

Slamminc11 said:
rcwilcox said:
Umm, yeah, no it's not, and apperantly you didn't read back but we went down this road already. Let me recap for ya.
Cell phone=mobile, was designed that way for that specific purpose. Satellite receiver was not. Yes you can do it, but that is not what it was designed for nor does it automatically give you the right to do it. Direct and Dish did not come along to make watching tv mobile, it came along to give you a better product and a better option than cable. It's a simple concept really, two locations, two accounts. Doesn't matter if you own them both of them or if you own one and your girlfriend, boyfriend, significant other, "roommate", live-in partner, actual roommate, or whomever owns the other. If you put up a Dish to receive a signal at one location and you put up a Dish to receive a signal at another (be it the same dish you carry with you or a different one), then you get to have two accounts no matter what you do with the receivers. Was it always this way, no. But in the last year Dish decided that this was going to be the rule.

Well then what about satellite radio? does the same rules apply in my car and then in my home?

RIRWIN1983 said:
Slamminc11 said:
Well then what about satellite radio? does the same rules apply in my car and then in my home?

We aren't talking about satellite radio now are we, we are talking about satellite tv. Radio and tv are two different forms of media.

hobojoe said:
I'm a full time rv'r i get audit every couple years. this year was way differant. more questions than ever. and the first time i ever talked to someone at dishnet that was not cheerful. well to be honest this b**ch was flat out as rude as she could possibly be! i don't think this would be such a problem if they would have treated us with respect! half the complants here are stating they treated us like sh*t!!!

I think that gets to the root of the audit problem, the attitude of the auditor. Im shure people would be alot more ok with being audited if the person on the outher line was nice such as: "Hi this is *** from Dish Network, your satellite tv provider. The purpose of me calling today is to verify your account information to enshure we are maintaing accurate records and billing you only for the recievers you are actually using and that no old recievers are still on the account. So if you have about 5 minutes ( time frame to varry base on # of recievers) to spare i would need you to provide me some numbers from your recievers, ok? (yes) Thank you. I realise your time is very valuable and will try my best to make this process as quick and as painless as possable. (skipping to end of call after reading information) Thank you very much again MR/mrs,ect ***** for providing Dish Network this information and we hope that you are a very satisified Dish Network subsciber. And rember if you have any questions/conserns about your service or bill, please fell free to contact us at ******** Have a nice day, bye. (end call)

i know i know i should market this crap or work for them. eh maybe charlie will read this and get ahold of me to help him. lol

The problem appears to be that they assume you are guilty of fraud and put the burden of proof of innocence on you. They have every right to do it, but it is not a good business practice.

They want to act like the FBI and scare you into not wanting to do it anymore accusing you of stealing and saying how you are in deep trouble and the such even if you are doing nothing wrong.

Hello, this is Dish Network, I need your location id numbers, if you do not give them to us quick then you are stealing and will pay the price, too late, your shut off, have a nice day.

How often does the dang phoneline have to be plugged in/dialed out to avoid this bunch of crap? I got one not near any phoneline and I try to get it to dialout and it did once but its not been a month yet (I think two or three weeks) and I brought it into my receiver room to dialout and it says that a dialout is not pending. When will it allow the dialout?

It calls in once a month, just hit sys info if the phone icon is red and crossed out its ready to call in otherwise it will be green.

RIRWIN1983 said:
One could sudgest that you create a word or excel spreadsheet with all the infomation they ask for, making it easyer to do. i seriously doubt that they will send a lil fairy to put a sticker on your reciever with some "code" you need to tell them some night. of course i havent been through it yet so i dunno if there is information they need thats stored in the reciever, or is it just the numbers on the box its self

That won't work, they change the location ID number on the sys info screen.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)