Call or order online?

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
Is it better to call in to order or order online? Now that the deadline is coming up for the 0$ deal I thought if I ordered online they could say..well we never go it. What do you guys think?

I did mine completely on line. It was foolproof. You will have to call in the Playboy channel unless they change that in the near future. I got immediate response by e-mail, including a set of instructions on what to do to prepare for the installer. My first contact was the installer calling me the next day to tell me my appointment was cancelled indefinitly due to equipment shortage. They suggested I contact VOOM for explanation. I did and was told that shortage is currently about 1-3 weeks, they just don't know. They said if I don't hear anything call weekly to the installer for rescheduling. Doin't wait for the installer to call me. He also said the installers were instructed not to schedule a re-date until the equipment arrives. That is a VOOM policy according to the CSR and it is a recent decision because of this recent shortage.
So that's my story and I wait. I waited for VOOM to get some sense about equipment costs and beef up the HDTV offerings, Now I wait for the install. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the 921 on Dish. Good to always have backups.

Thanks for the input! I will just do it online. A friend of mine got it the other day and man did it look good! I still have dish network and like it so I will just be adding it for the hd content. I guess I'm duely covered if dish has any channel contract disputes. :D

Did they charge your credit card when your ordered or when it was activated? If I got to wait a while I don't want it charged now if you ya know what I mean.

I think they charge upon activation of the service. My charge came through a couple of days after being activated, but back in those days--the charge was for $750 to purchase the STB and get everything installed. Your billing cycle should start on the day that Voom is installed and activated. Welcome to Voom, and I hope you like it.

Just ordered on-line but had to set up my install date on the telephone. The website froze up on me. The phone CSR was very nice and seemed somewhat knowledgeable. She even made a call to confirm my install date of 6/4. Looking forward to it.

Welcome aboard Rob. The equipment shortage that we keep reading about doesn't appear to have affected you, so maybe it is just in specific geographic areas. Don Landis posted about having to wait up to 3 weeks!! I read in another post that CSR's are being asked to report to work even on their scheduled days off, in some cases. Voom orders must be picking up a lot of steam with the $0 down deal coming to an end.

I just ordered online and was able to setup the install. Now hope they have the equipment. I can't wait!

The CSR did acknowledge the equipment shortage, however, she double checked for me after I mentioned it. Also she told me she was in Vancouver, WA and that they just opened a new call center in TX to handle the volume. She said they were very very busy.

I was told that due to the shortage, your installer now will set up the date with you on the phone. They are now being instructed not to schedule until the equipment order for your named install is received. If you scheduled before the 15th you stand a good chance of not being on a back order status. I'd recommend you all call your installer to verify your equipmwent has arrived. Otherwise, I'd assume your install date is a big ? Another local told me that their CSR said VOOM has over 3500 backorders and is just receiving 700-1000 a week from Motorola. That's why the Backorder estimate of 3 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts