Call your BrightHouse rep about getting the NFL Network

toadfannc

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
The NFL Network web page is asking for fans in cities with NFL teams to call their cable provider to get the NFL Network. Sadly, Time Warner/BrightHouse represents 90% of the list:

Time Warner
NY (212) 358-0900
LA (714) 903-4000
Houston (713) 341-1000
Charlotte (704) 482-5603
Cincinnati (513) 469-1112
San Antonio (210) 244-0500
Green Bay (920) 496-2040

Bright House
Tampa (813) 684-6400
Orlando (407) 291-2500
Indianapolis (317) 972-9700

if i still had brighthouse i would call, but since i have fios and the nfl network in hd, i will pass.

however, i feel your pain and will make this a sticky to try to help you out.

korsjs said:
if i still had brighthouse i would call, but since i have fios and the nfl network in hd, i will pass.

however, i feel your pain and will make this a sticky to try to help you out.

I'm so glad I have Comcast now in New Hampshire compared to BHN in Tampa for these reasons below.

1. Cheaper regular price and promo triple play bundles.
2. I get an all digital lineup with my digital boxes (no more analog).
3. I will soon get a cheap dual tuner HD DVR with Tivo software.
4. I get more HD channels now than with BHN.
5. I get more SD channels than I do with BHN.
6. I get way way more On Demand content such as Starz and Encore On Demand along with Comcast Free Movies On Demand. This makes BHN look quite sad.
7. And last but not least I get NFL Network, NFL Network HD and NFL Network On Demand.
8. I also will soon have access again to Verizon FIOS and it also seems that Derry will also have a TV franchise deal in place with Verizon by years end too.

In simple terms I get more with Comcast than with BHN and I'm not losing anything as I will have Verizon competing for my triple play business soon too.

I will say this much in that I'll never move back to Florida again if I must use BHN again. I like NH more than Florida as a state so with that said I won't move back to Florida just because its leaving NH.

NFL Network, what a joke. BHN doesn't even carry Fox Sports Florida, a local sports network. I dumped them for DirecTV so I could get the Panther and Marlin games.

Sports Fans are the people that tend to pay the most money on various services so AFAIK if you don't at least try to add the most wanted sports channels your business will start to fall apart if another hard wired company comes in. If you want to know just how important a sports fan TV viewer is just look at a few of the Comcast SportsNets that are sent via fiber only and withheld from satellite companies.

NFL Network will have an 8 game package this year and let me tell you that BHN and TWC will have lost way more customers by refusing to offer this channel than if they just paid to offer it. But this is a company who is so cheap they don't even want to work a deal with Starz to get Starz HD because they don't want to carry Starz and Encore On Demand for free. That is how cheap this company is because last I checked Comcast has been doing quite fine with the no charge for On Demand along with many other companies. I will say that no company is perfect but both TWC and BHN are the cheapest companies you will find offering TV service.

Hope this is a good sign for BHN customers.

The Evening Bridge - June 19, 2006
TOP STORY - NFL Network announced today the completion of 75 affiliation agreements with cable companies to carry the channel from the National Football League ? including rights to air prime-time regular season games this fall. All deals are for the expanded basic level of service, the network said.

LonghornXP said:
I'm so glad I have Comcast now in New Hampshire compared to BHN in Tampa for these reasons below.

2. I get an all digital lineup with my digital boxes (no more analog).

Comcast in NH/MA is not all digital.

Below 100 is analog, and the picture quality shows.

phil

philhu said:
Comcast in NH/MA is not all digital.

Below 100 is analog, and the picture quality shows.

phil

As I stated Comcast in Nashua offers an all digital lineup with a digital box. This is a new thing called advanced digital simulcasting so yes analog channels are still offered for those without a box "but" for those of us with a digital box we now get our analog channels in digital instead of analog. Please check your facts before you tell others they don't offer this because I made it very clear right away it was only for those with a digital box. You may not be living in a Comcast city that has gone ADS yet but don't start throwing around that all of NH/MA doesn't do ADS when they in fact are doing just this in many cities within both states. Again I also was very clear that I was enjoying an all digital lineup and I wasn't saying everyone with Comcast will also. For somebody with so many posts I would think you would be a little more carefull with what you say.

Everything I said about my service is fact and trust me I know how to check what type of feed I'm getting.

you guys might be interested in a story posted at usatoday.com today (friday). seems the nfl network is about to undertake a massive advertising campaign aimed at the cable systems which don't have their channel. they are really going great guns at time warner.

all i've heard from my sometimes reliable source at bhn is that they are in negotiations. of course, he also told me we would have espn2hd by the end of this month. now, i'm told that might be delayed until october. not sure what to believe anymore so take this with a grain of salt. maybe, longhorn has heard something new?

If you don't have the NFL Network, your not missing much. All it has been over the past few years is replay of PAST football games. Kind of like eating left overs, just not the same the second time around.

it was nice last year (when i had the dish) during the pre-season because they showed every game.......some were actually in hd!! i mean i wouldn't lose large quantities of sleep over not having it this season....but next year is a different story!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)