Called And Complained About Price Increase! Great Results!!

pajer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
North Central Pennsylvania
I just called and complained to dish about the 10.00 increase to us that had the platinum hd package, since i am one of dish's " best customers" the csr immediately offered me a 20.00 per month programming credit for the next year or a total of 240.00 and i did not even mention about switching to direct tv. i have been a aep customer for 6 years , so call ans see what your results will be and post back here. pajer

Yea, some Dish people read these, once they know we are on to there discount they will stop it. Pretend you did not read this. :)

I just called and complained to dish about the 10.00 increase to us that had the platinum hd package, since i am one of dish's " best customers" the csr immediately offered me a 20.00 per month programming credit for the next year or a total of 240.00 and i did not even mention about switching to direct tv. i have been a aep customer for 6 years , so call ans see what your results will be and post back here. pajer

Did you use the billing or programing or technical support option? I'm one of Dish's "best customers" too.

I have the AE pack with locals it only went up $5. I have the HD pack & VOOM for $15 (942) bought a 622. new HD pack is $20, net increase to bill $10. Pajer you are just CHEEP :) I might just try that myself!!!!

I have the AE pack with locals it only went up $5. I have the HD pack & VOOM for $15 (942) bought a 622. new HD pack is $20, net increase to bill $10. Pajer you are just CHEEP :) I might just try that myself!!!!

I'm not "CHEEP", charlies cheep, i would have been happy with just a 5.00 per month credit (to make up for dish taking away our 5.00 discount we had for hd with the platinum hd package.) i should have argued when she said 20.00 maybe i could have got 30 or 40. but then again i would have sounded "CHEEP". now charlie bring on cinemax hd!

Maybe I should have called DirecTV to try and negotiate a discount before dropping them a couple of weeks back and going with a less expensive package from Dish. Oh well...no big loss. I'm pleased with the new package overall (SD, Top 100), the RF modulator on the Dish receiver feeds remote rooms with a much cleaner signal than the old Hughes DirecTV receiver, and the image quality on most channels is noticeably better than what I was getting from DirecTV.

They will give a great deal away to so called 5-star customers..Those are long term custs with stellar payment histories..We see the ratings on the w/o's..In fact we are suppose dot prioritize our appointments to accomodate 5 star's first...In any event...I had a cust that wanted a Dish n it up..He wanted a 625 plus a 322..After 90 mins of lobbying by me and the cust, he got both..No charge for install on either one..
I have no idea whether or not Dish will disclose to customers what their respective ratings are.

Whenever I call Dish from my home phone the last 4 digits are repeated back and I confirm it is me.
Dish Automated Guy then says: I see you are one of our most valued cutomers...

Does this put me in a position to do some haggling? I am a current sub (for 8 years). I already have HD. I lease one ViP211, I bought another one on eBay, I own a 811 as well and a 301 in the kids room. I want a ViP622 DVR that will replace the 301. No not for the kids silly. They will score an 811 at least but can only watch SD. They like Monsters and Rave so that would be their ticket.

I know about the $150 up front then the monthly credits. Anyone think I can do better?

I can't believe I got to pay all this money to watch TV and yet I still have to watch commercials!

What ever happened to the $20 per mo w/HBO days?

I might try this if they don't stick me with DHPP for 5.99 a month, since I own all of my stuff.

They will give a great deal away to so called 5-star customers..Those are long term custs with stellar payment histories..We see the ratings on the w/o's..In fact we are suppose dot prioritize our appointments to accomodate 5 star's first...In any event...I had a cust that wanted a Dish n it up..He wanted a 625 plus a 322..After 90 mins of lobbying by me and the cust, he got both..No charge for install on either one..
I have no idea whether or not Dish will disclose to customers what their respective ratings are.

The answer to that question would be no. The "most valued customer" line is applied to all accounts last I heard.

So I'm guessing someone who still has 10 months on their commitment doesn't have much haggling room?

Platinum HD, all pay channels, etc., 2 receivers (622/625), always pay my bill...

I just called and they gave me $10 off for 5 months :)

Not only did they screw me on the HD Platinum package for $10/mo they got me for the DHPP extended warranty which is $5.99/mo where it used to be $1.99 before.

Was the DHPP plan just out of the blue or did you upgrade equipment?

I'm currently getting the $1.99 warranty also. One of the reasons I'm hesitant to "Dish it UP" to a 622 is that I'm afraid they'll jack mine up to $5.99 too. Two of my other receivers are 7100's so the warranty is nice to have. It's much nicer having it for $24 a year instead of $72.

I'll give it a shot too... My bill went up $20 thanks to AEP + Warranty increase + Adult channels increase

So I'm guessing someone who still has 10 months on their commitment doesn't have much haggling room?
Safe to say, "no". It's not like you can cancel your service with them (at no cost) to go elsewhere. You can try in 11 months though ! :D

Do you think any of their subscribers aren't "one of their most valued customers?" :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)