Called CSR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmd102354

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
PA
Just got off the phone(5:10pm) with a csr. Asked to have VOOM added to my Hi Def pkg. In broken english she said I MUST subscribe to the AT180 pkg
for the boomarang channel :confused: I told her I would call back later. So I called back and was told by another csr that they can't help me because the computers are in maintainance and I should call back later. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Please follow the repeated advice of many on here, and wait until tomorrow morning, at the earliest, before calling them about this. Monday would be better.

TuxCoder said:
Please follow the repeated advice of many on here, and wait until tomorrow morning, at the earliest, before calling them about this. Monday would be better.

As I watch VOOM , a new scrolling msg showed up with the package info from E*. It also advises to CALL dish today.

So should I listen to you or VOOM ?

You decide who to listen to. I'm just giving advice after reading countless reports in the last 24+ hours of people calling them about this but getting little to know valuable response from the CSRs. But if we give them more time, they should be more helpful. Until then, as has been said in the other threads on here, it just seems you are wasting your time with them...

What a F'd up company dish is. I swear I cant count how many times I've said "the left hand doesnt know what the right is doing" with this company. Be it the engineering dept, the CSR dept, or Charlie himself. Its beyond my imagination how they got an award from JD Powers. Now whenever I see a company brag about a JD award I will think twice about what that really means.

How hard would it be to type up a 1-2 paragraph summary of the new HD offering and fax it to each CSR hub? Then have it stapled to the CSRs forehead so they wouldnt misplace it. Whenever a caller calls about the voom HD channels, they read the paragraphs. Wow charlie, I just saved you about 2 million CSR billable hours, and countless fustrated customers.

HokieEngineer said:
What a F'd up company dish is. I swear I cant count how many times I've said "the left hand doesnt know what the right is doing" with this company. Be it the engineering dept, the CSR dept, or Charlie himself. Its beyond my imagination how they got an award from JD Powers. Now whenever I see a company brag about a JD award I will think twice about what that really means.

How hard would it be to type up a 1-2 paragraph summary of the new HD offering and fax it to each CSR hub? Then have it stapled to the CSRs forehead so they wouldnt misplace it. Whenever a caller calls about the voom HD channels, they read the paragraphs. Wow charlie, I just saved you about 2 million CSR billable hours, and countless fustrated customers.

I think they are relying on people understanding that the date for signing up is MAY 1ST. ;)

jmd102354 said:
As I watch VOOM , a new scrolling msg showed up with the package info from E*. It also advises to CALL dish today.

So should I listen to you or VOOM ?
Easy. Listen to TuxCoder.

Well I DID call back at around 8 pm LAST night and WAS allowed to add the VOOM pkg . I checked this morn around 5 am and there they were ! I am glad I listened to VOOM ! ;)

jmd102354 said:
Well I DID call back at around 8 pm LAST night and WAS allowed to add the VOOM pkg . I checked this morn around 5 am and there they were ! I am glad I listened to VOOM ! ;)

was it pretty easy to add or did they try to make you add the top 180 as some suggest?

I believe this dudes initial problem was the CSR had no clue about VOOM (understandable, it wasnt may 1). Her broken english skills then led her to deduce he was asking about BOOM channel (boomerang). Apparently this is only a top180 chan thus she tried to get him to sign up for it.

HokieEngineer said:
I believe this dudes initial problem was the CSR had no clue about VOOM (understandable, it wasnt may 1). Her broken english skills then led her to deduce he was asking about BOOM channel (boomerang). Apparently this is only a top180 chan thus she tried to get him to sign up for it.

exactly :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts