Called DISH...more confused!!

falcon101

Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
First of all whats up guys....noob here....but i have to say what an incredibly informative and helpful site:up :up .....thanks in advance..:)

I will try to be short and to the point....

I have a Dish 500 with 811 and 522 set up at home with At120 plus HD package.

I want to get on the MPEG4 band wagon and this is what i would eventually like:

1. 211 in the living room with DISHHD SILVER (AT120+LOCALHD+HBO/SHOW(i think?!)

2.Keep the 522 upstairs for 2 rooms

3. MAYBE (big maybe) i would upgrade to SUPERDISH or DISH1000(heres the confusion) to get all the above stuff PLUS the SOUTH ASIAN channels which are on sats 61.5 and 121.

Question:

Dish told me that NO 211 yet till FEb 1st or contact my dealer. I can upgrade to SUPERDISH for 59.99 (1yr commitment) to get sats110/119/61.5/121/129????!!! to get everything that i need....but after searching the forums i really dont think so thats true..:confused: :confused:

Hope all this made sense....need some clarifiaction form the experts please.

HELP!!!

Last edited:
I called Dish and they leased me a Vip 211 for $50 and shipped it to me. If you need the Dish 1000 that should only cost another $50 for the dish and installation. But you can get it now. Call back and punch the buttons for tech support and they will sign you up. You do not need to talk to a regular CSR.

Welcome to the forum Falcon. Many people around here are confused (including E*). SOme peolpe have said they've got the 211 by calling Dish. You might have to play CSR Roulette and maybe ask politely for a supervisor.

Now the confusing part. First of all where do you live? A SUperdish will get you either 105/110/119 or 110/119/121. You will need a Dish1000 to get 110/119/129.
I have a dish1000 and a Dish500 pointing at 61.5.

Go here to see which channels you want and which sats they're on.
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

Hope this helps a little. There are a lot of people around her that are very helpful.
Scott

I am under the impression that the Dish 1000 will only get 110,119,129. So for 121 you are out of luck. Luckily i'm sure somebody here who knows more can give you what setup will work.

Wierd..I spoke to Tech Support and he told me they are all out but i should contact my dealer.....i'll try again....but the main question is that since i live my Los Angeles what actual dish equipment i need ....Dish 1000 or SuperDish in order to get all the channels now and in the near future. thanks...

oops just saw it.....TEACHSAC looks like i replied when you were posting a reply...lol

Last edited:
I got my vip211 last week. Took a bit of haggling, but FINALLY got it done via the Tech help ----- NOT the CSR's. They don't have a clue.

Using 2 Dish 500's. On points to 110, 119. The other was at 148, but was told to move it to 61.5. Now they are telling me I have to go to 129 on Feb 1, but they don't have AZ/EL/SK or trasnponder yet????????

I have already had TWO issues with the 211. The sound on HD has gone out twice. It takes a system re-set, and they send some sort of signal to get it working again. They say to turn the receiver off at night and they will send more commands to the receiver....

Anyone else w/ 211 having any problems?

BTW - you can connect your OTA antenna then do digital scan for your locals. Edit or remove the ones you don't want. rename whatever.... It passes thru just fine with receiver on and you get the program info, just like it was a sat signal.

In Los Angeles it will be somewhat difficult to get 61.5. A Superdish for 110/119/121 for your internationals should work fine and then swing your dish 500 over to 129.

As of the current channel chart ESPN2HD will be mirroed on 61.5 and 129, but Universal is only on 129.

thanks teach...so just a recap ...

SUPERDISH=SAT 110/119/121

DISH500=SAT 129

With this setup "theoratically" i should be able to receive the following:

DISHHD SILVER (AT120-LOCALHD-VOOM 25HD CHANNELS-HBO/SHOWTIME) $64.99

SOUTH ASIAN + URDU Channels (i checked the channel listing link... thanks):up

I am thinking about calling DISH now and TRY to haggle for the 211 ($49) and upgrade to SUPER DISH ($49) and i should be all set for FEB1st. Just out of curiosity why would DiSH1000 not work for this scenerio????

AS expected you guys cleared alot of confusion. Thank again.:up :)

You are trying to get 4 sats. The Superdish would pick up 3 (110/119/121) as it is a 3 lnb DISH. You would need the fourth for the 129 Sat.

Or you probably could upgrade to the 1000 and point your 500 (- 1LNB) at 121

Either scenario should work. You'll get a better signal pointing the 500 at 129 though.

Scott

teachsac said:

Scott
Dual/Twin/Quad LNB's which are on D500's will not pick up a FSS Signal. He has to have a SD dish pointed at 121 to get his internationals.

So as stated before he needs

Super Dish 121 (Gets 110/119/121)
Dish 500 (with Dish Pro Dual) Pointed at 129
Dish Pro Plus 44 switch

Nice thing about the DP+ 44 is he could use an existing line and a Dish Pro Separator to feed both tuners on his 522 if he keeps it and then back feed with diplexers to another location with minimal or no rewiring other than the switch and dish lines.

teachsac said:
In Los Angeles it will be somewhat difficult to get 61.5. A Superdish for 110/119/121 for your internationals should work fine and then swing your dish 500 over to 129.
As of the current channel chart ESPN2HD will be mirroed on 61.5 and 129, but Universal is only on 129.

Universal is also on 61.5

Yeah the CSR's arent going to have much info untill Feb 1 really Feb 2nd due to the new promos dont start untill then. This is what I was told which make sense due to thats when all the New HD Plans start plus the new rates so on. I hope by then they will have their web site up to date with this new information on the new plans so on.

teachsac said:
You are trying to get 4 sats. The Superdish would pick up 3 (110/119/121) as it is a 3 lnb DISH. You would need the fourth for the 129 Sat.
Either scenario should work. You'll get a better signal pointing the 500 at 129 though.
Scott
Dish 500 can't be used for 121 it is too small for that satellite and is designed for the wrong frequencies.:(

TheDishNetworkInstaller said:
Dual/Twin/Quad LNB's which are on D500's will not pick up a FSS Signal. He has to have a SD dish pointed at 121 to get his internationals.

So as stated before he needs

Super Dish 121 (Gets 110/119/121)
Dish 500 (with Dish Pro Dual) Pointed at 129
Dish Pro Plus 44 switch

Nice thing about the DP+ 44 is he could use an existing line and a Dish Pro Separator to feed both tuners on his 522 if he keeps it and then back feed with diplexers to another location with minimal or no rewiring other than the switch and dish lines.

thanks alot guys...after all the Cust service headaches, everything worked out fine on friday. All the SATS are linked as "DISHNETWORKINSTALLER" :up stated.

VOOM channels are awsome....love the 211 and love the fact that i dont have to buy the stupid OTA to get local HD.

I am a happy man.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)