called to upgrade--now I'm cancelling service!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was told that when I upgraded to a Superdish to get my 105 locals that I would probably lose my DNS. Well the installer (local retailer I've known for years) called Dish to make the change to my account and they never mentioned my DNS. So since early December I've had locals, NY and LA DNS. I've got 2 friends that upgraded to the Superdish and kept locals plus 2 DNS too. I guess since we were grandfathered we were able to keep them. I've had the urge a couple times to consider D*, but having all 3 sets of networks plus the superstations pak keeps me hanging on.

From these fourms, my understanding on SHVERA was that from now on once you agree to get locals offered by satellite, you lose distants. So the minute you signed up for your locals you should have lost all distants. (If you already had both and live in an unserved "white" area, you are grandfathered and get to keep both. If you already had both and were grandfathered under the old rules, you had to choose one or the other this spring. If Dish offers locals in your area in the future, you have to choose one or the other.)

So, consider yourself lucky that they are willing to let you have the Chicago NETs. By law, you should have lost all distants when you signed up for the locals.

A well-trained csr would have said "before I add CT locals, are you aware this will void your distant locals packages?" But of course the JD Power winning csr's at Dish have no ability to actually know the consequences of thier actions. Someone calls me at SBC and says I hate my voice mail--please remove it, the first thing I say is "that will affect your longdistance pricing and will affect your montghly fees cuz voice mail is part of a package you agreed to.. blah blah blah--and I work in repair-not customer service !!! but I think its something customers sholuld know-no matter who tells them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts