Called to upgrade to Dish 1000...CSR said ----

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BrownHound

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2004
Amherst, VA
in a voice that sounded like a pre-recorded message - "the Dish 1000 has not yet been released"....I said that I am aware of people that have the Dish 1000.....again "The Dish 1000 has not yet been released"

I am in the Lynchburg market, so my understanding is that I should be able to get this upgrade for free..

What am i missing??? :confused:

:) Anyway, I'm no longer with Dishnet but my receiver is still connected to the satellite. when I turn it on, it says "welcome to dish 1000". my dish up there though is still a dish 500! Just to show that indeed the CSRs are clueless!

JPointerWI said:
try this recording --
"the CSR you have reached is clueless at this time, please hang up and try your call again"

Fgsilva said:
:) Anyway, I'm no longer with Dishnet but my receiver is still connected to the satellite. when I turn it on, it says "welcome to dish 1000". my dish up there though is still a dish 500! Just to show that indeed the CSRs are clueless!

Hmm. I find that hard to believe. The channel message on 9901 says "You have a DISH 1000" and not "welcome to dish 1000." Also, you can't get that channel unless your dish is pointed at 129. I don't know of any other channel that would display such a message and you couldn't receive them anyway unless your DISH 500 had been re-pointed at 129.

Not true. We had some direct sales that we installed that called for Dish 1000 to be installed. So you can have it ordered. But I don't think the Lynchburg, VA locals are on 129 yet. At least I didn't see it listed as those moving from 105. That could be the reason.

BrownHound said:
in a voice that sounded like a pre-recorded message - "the Dish 1000 has not yet been released"....I said that I am aware of people that have the Dish 1000.....again "The Dish 1000 has not yet been released"

I am in the Lynchburg market, so my understanding is that I should be able to get this upgrade for free..

I. There are only 2 local channels on 129; UPN and WB.

II. They will do the 61.5 install for free, which will allow you to receive those 2 channels. Do not expect to get a D1000 for free if you already have the 61.5 dish.

III. ACS in Roanoke is the "DNSC" for that area, Call them and ask if they have any D1000 dishes in stock and if they are instlaling them for must carries.

BrownHound said:

I'm also in the Lynchburg area ( Goode ), and would love to get the 1000.

What's our best bet to get it for free?

Those two stations are not my only concern. Its my understanding that HD will be from 129/1000 before long, and may even be more reliable from there versus the 61.5 ?

uponthemountain said:
I'm also in the Lynchburg area ( Goode ), and would love to get the 1000.

What's our best bet to get it for free?

Those two stations are not my only concern. Its my understanding that HD will be from 129/1000 before long, and may even be more reliable from there versus the 61.5 ?
Here are my signal levels are 61.5 from Fredericksburg. I doubt that 129 will be as strong and reliable:

Rainbow-1
TP1 - 104
TP3 - 105
TP5 - 105
TP7 - 103

E*3
TP18 - 110
TP20 - 115
TP22 - 114

Stargazer said:
Would Dish Network be allowed to put the Rainbow satellite at 129?

If after the FCC approves the sale, Dish could possibly move Rainbow-1 to 129 W. This would require what would almost certainly be a lengthy approval process because 129 W is a Canadian DBS slot. In addition, Dish would need to replace Rainbow-1 at 61.5 W or risk losing the 11 DBS licenses there acquired in the sale. I know it has been discussed previously but the real advantage of the Rainbow-1 satellite is its massive spotbeam capacity. It is very doubtful that this spotbeam capacity could be used at 129 W. Since the 129 W slot can not be seen in the entire continental U.S., its ideal use would be for locals and having a massive spotbeam satellite like Rainbow-1 there would optimize its use. If a satellite were built specifically for the 129 W location, it could be used for locals everywhere except the northeast. The current limitations in the southeast U.S. and in southern Texas are not "look angle" limitiations but tied only to the capabilities of the E-5 satellite. Rainbow-1 is designed to use 12 frequencies for 130 spotbeam TPs. If a new spotbeam satellite were built specifically for 129 W using the 16 frequencies that Dish definitely has access to, this satellite could have over 160 spotbeam TPs. This would be a very expensive satellite but it could provide close to 1000 HD local channels using MPEG-4 at 6 HD channels per TP. In the near term, I think it would be more likely that E-8 is moved to 129 W after E-10 is launched to 110 W. Dish then maybe able to use some of the E-8 spotbeam capacity for locals at 129 W.

miguelaqui said:
I. There are only 2 local channels on 129; UPN and WB.

II. They will do the 61.5 install for free, which will allow you to receive those 2 channels. Do not expect to get a D1000 for free if you already have the 61.5 dish.

III. ACS in Roanoke is the "DNSC" for that area, Call them and ask if they have any D1000 dishes in stock and if they are instlaling them for must carries.

I have never installed the 61.5 b/c my wife is not crazy about having a 2nd dish on the house....I called ACS and they said they have them, but the order needed to come from Dish.....when I called Dish, they said they werent available yet...

Dave nye said:
Why does everyone feel that they should get this new dish FREE?

There are locals that I cannot get with my current set up.....if there is the technology that will allow me to get it with a single dish, they should provide me with that technology...my opinion anyway

Send an email to ceo@echostar.com Tell them the problem you are having. My guess is that E* wants to get rid of a lot of D500's and not install the D1000 until they have to do so.

I had a similar experience with a D500 upgrade in 1999; they made me have 2 D300's, instead of one D500.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Not true. We had some direct sales that we installed that called for Dish 1000 to be installed. So you can have it ordered. But I don't think the Lynchburg, VA locals are on 129 yet. At least I didn't see it listed as those moving from 105. That could be the reason.

I mean through an upgrade. Its possible it might be available for initial installs. As for a d1000 upgrade, it hasnt been released in the dish promo/csg application yet..

If they are trying to get rid of as many Dish500's as they can in those markets that may become a Dish1000 market then it would cost Dish Network money to swap them out later on. They would be best to only force the Dish500's in the Dish500 local markets.

I think that they would use Rainbow 1 at 61.5 or 110/119. They would probably try to use it at 110/119 since those are conus slots and move those satellites that Rainbow 1 would replace to other slots/backup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts