Called up Dish to restart my old account

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
After looking at what charter has for cable and all the service issues I have had with them I called dish lastnight to enquire about starting my old account back up. The first CSR sounded like life breathing bored her and promptly hung up on me, calling back I got another one who quoted me $149 for the 622 plus a $49 install credit then $79 a month for the top 100 with 31 hd channels so I called her out on it and brought up the website and found that as I had remembered the price was $49 for top 100 and 27 hd channels.

I already figured that the csr was either trying to sell me the top 250 plus hd for the price of $79 a month but what I havent figured out is how she came up with 31 hd channels as the site still shows 28, have channels been added recently and the site hasnt been updated?

Best guess is she quoted you AT100 w/ locals, HD pak, DVR fee, access fee (waived with phone line connected), & a premium (free for 1st 3 months). Total would be $78.96. If you keep phone line connected would be $60.97. You may also qualify for $10 off a month for 10 months.

As far as channels go, AT100 with HD will give you 28 HD channels plus the one in the premium pak. If your locals are in HD that'll be 4 more. Hope this helps.

restart account

I cancelled dish to move into an apartment with some friends, eventually i will sign back up when i move out..so my question is how long before i am considered a new customer? and eligible for the new customer specials on equipment and programming?

Best guess is she quoted you AT100 w/ locals, HD pak, DVR fee, access fee (waived with phone line connected), & a premium (free for 1st 3 months). Total would be $78.96. If you keep phone line connected would be $60.97. You may also qualify for $10 off a month for 10 months.

As far as channels go, AT100 with HD will give you 28 HD channels plus the one in the premium pak. If your locals are in HD that'll be 4 more. Hope this helps.
$78.96 a month is definitely to steep.

That isn't entirely true, You are normally able to get the new customer deals after 6 months as long as you were in good standing when you left.

Yep you are right ,as long you left in a good standing but you wont get a new account,You will be able to re establish service and perhaps some discount ,Just like Van or other former costumer can.

Why can't you tell them what programming package you want instead of letting them "offer" options to you ??
Now why would you make the assumption that I asked them " Ok tell me what I want"? I called up and inquired about returning to service with Dish for programming, I made sure to tell them that I didnt have either of the lease receivers that I had before ( wish I had kept the 508 ). I explained that I wanted to go with the 622 receiver and then the csr quoted me a price of $78 for the top 100 with 31 hd channels ( actually 27 ), I called her out on this because I had seen what the price was on the website and I brought up the site with her on the phone at wich point she couldnt tell me why she had quoted me that price.

$18.00 for a no phone line connected seems a ripe off to the customer.

So you're just pointing out their errors then ??

Sorry, when I called I had done my own research off of their site as well as asking questions here and other places. I knew what the charges should be and in my case, I didn't get any conflicting amounts....

No I was stating what my experience was and also posing a question or two and have had them answered. I wasnt surprised at all that the csr's would hang up on a potential customer and then not know what they were selling ( not surprising considering that english was definitely a second language ).

Reading the latest threads about the 622 has left me wondering how good of an idea it would be to go with dish now that these receivers are having so many issues. I'm gonna look at the bellsouth bundle again, att is pushing free hd for a year and if that is with directv then I'll go that route and wait until dish has the new hd dvr's out and then look at them again.

The free hd for a year seems to only be in att territories same as getting dish as part of a bundle even though the two companies are now one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)