caller id no id

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jw6351

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Just got 921 and can't get caller id to come up. Talked to Dish tech no help. Any ideas on what to do.

jw6351 said:
Just got 921 and can't get caller id to come up. Talked to Dish tech no help. Any ideas on what to do.

I had my 921 for a week and it never work. no grounding problem. just replaced it from a 721.

TEN89 said:
I had my 921 for a week and it never work. no grounding problem. just replaced it from a 721.
Perhaps the connector for the phone cord is not properly wired. Can you check to see if your receivers modem is working. You can do this in the diagnostics under setup.

After rechecking your phone line connections, do a phone diagnostics check. If the check says OK and you still don't display new calls, do a power cord reboot.

Put the 921 in standby then pull the power cord out for three minutes. When plugged back in the receiver will reboot which takes several minutes.

The reboot fixes a lot of minor problems with the 921!
;)

I have a similar problem, I just received a replacement 921 today because the old one did not do anything. THis one works fine except the phone functions don't work. I can't order a PPV movie and caller ID does not work. I have caller ID enabled and when I do a diagnostic check it says that the connection is fine. WHen I plug my old 508 receiver into the same phone line,everything works perfectly. I have the new L186 software loaded. Dish has not a clue. I tried both a smart card and power cord reboot with no success. Has anyone else seen this?

I've had the 921 for only a short time also. Everything seems to work reasonably well except Caller ID. It has never worked. Plugging the line into a telephone shows the line works. A telephone on the same line has it's Caller ID work fine. The 921 connection diagnostic check passes but the call out fails.

This is a fairly common problem. Most can keep calling history but can not get the on screen notice. A power cord boot will sometimes get you a couple of on screen calls, but you will lose it after that.

Sorry, but my understanding is that it is fairly low on the "fix" list.

Caller ID Fixed

Well I must say that I now have caller ID. How you ask? A replacement 921. This is #3 the first one 6/29/04, second 7/19/04, third 8/09/04. I had to get very mean and said I wanted some one at Dish to give a dam about all the problems not just the ID, lock ups, remote not working,not recording,slow channel changing. So far the new one is better!

jw6351 said:
Well I must say that I now have caller ID. How you ask? A replacement 921. This is #3 the first one 6/29/04, second 7/19/04, third 8/09/04. I had to get very mean and said I wanted some one at Dish to give a dam about all the problems not just the ID, lock ups, remote not working,not recording,slow channel changing. So far the new one is better!
Most excellent. Now I just hope that it continues to work! :yes

Still no caller ID, This is my fourth 921. The first one I had nothing, the second one- had no modem functions, the third one did not work at all, the fourth one works fine except for the caller ID, The modem seems to work on this one because I can buy PPVs. I'm tired of calling Dish, tired of disconnecting wires and reconnecting wires, and tired of waiting for downloads to load and more frustration. If I had known what a disaster this was I never would have gotten it.

I've seen a couple of recent posts indicating that DSL conflicts with the 921's Caller ID, and that TWO DSL filters in a row on the 921 phone feed have solved the problem.

Dunno if this applies to either of the previous two posters, but what the heck!

jw6351 said:
You have come to the right place for help. I've found that a lot of people on this forum could be a great tech. employee for E* !!! :) There are several factors that could affect the Caller ID not working. Have you gone into preferences and turned it on? Do you have DSL and is that line filtered? If you do have DSL try a bypass on the filter and see if that helps. Is your phone wiring reversed? Phone equipment, now days, works just fine with reversed polarity. The 921 modem may need the polarity right. There are issues with caller ID. I think that one of the next two software updates just may resolve some issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts