Caller ID Works but Call Out does not

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Two Good

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
I have a 722 and although the caller id works just fine, I cannot get the call out to work. When I check the connection it says there isn't one. Anyone have an idea as to what the problem could be.

If you have a VOIP service like T-Mobile it might not work. If you can't fax on the line, the receiver can't phone home, and you'll need to hook up to internet or pay $5/month.

If you have a VOIP service like T-Mobile it might not work. If you can't fax on the line, the receiver can't phone home, and you'll need to hook up to internet or pay $5/month.

There is nothing else on the line. Just a regular telephone connection, no VOIP service. It simply will not dial out and when I do the connection test it tells me there is no connection. However, when I receive a telephone call, the number shows up just fine on my screen.

T-Mobile isn't on the line, they provide the home phone line, like Qwest, Vonage, etc.

Maybe it's a bad phone cord. Have you swapped them out?

Did it work before, and stopped working, or has never worked?

I know even though you can pick up and dial with a VoIP like Vonage, you must set up a Dish receiver to use a prefix of *99 before it'll detect a dial tone. Might vary with your phone service.

T-Mobile isn't on the line, they provide the home phone line, like Qwest, Vonage, etc.

Maybe it's a bad phone cord. Have you swapped them out?

Did it work before, and stopped working, or has never worked?

Yes, it has worked before and I have changed the cord.

Again, there is a nothing on the line. I don't use Vonage, Qwest or anything, just a plain old land phone line connected directly to ATT. I don't understand how the caller id can still work if the system shows no phone connection.

Yes, it has worked before and I have changed the cord.

Again, there is a nothing on the line. I don't use Vonage, Qwest or anything, just a plain old land phone line connected directly to ATT. I don't understand how the caller id can still work if the system shows no phone connection.
You have no voice phone on the line as well? Do you have to dial anything special to get out?

You need to get a phone on the line as well, then pick it up and see if there is a dial tone. Then hang it up and immediately do the test with the receiver. If it still doesn't work and you aren't getting the message on your TV that you need to connect to a phone line, then don't worry about it. The test is only to see if there is a dial tone, not to actually make a call out.

Occasionally, I run into this and I will "re-boot" the receiver. The phone line connection will then test okay. By re-booting, either hold the power button on front of the receiver for about 10 seconds or un-plug the power cord for 20 secs and plug back into the wall.

Eric

If your rcvr will not find a dial tone but the caller ID will work then there may be grounding issue w/ your phone line & you can call the phone company to run a phone test ,that may show that there is a grounding prob. w/ the phone line itself

I've run into this before when a customer has a voice mail, and the phone system sends out a broken dial tone to let them know. The receivers are kina hit and miss on detecting a dial tone in this situation. Is it possible you have a voice mail? When you pick up a normal phone on the line, is it a constant dial tone, or is it a broken dial tone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)