Caller ID

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hfivo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Connecticut
I have two VIP 622 receivers, both attached to phone lines and set up the same way... I only receive caller ID screen display on one of the 622's. Anyone have any suggestions why I don't get the display from both 622's?
Thanks, Howard

I have two VIP 622 receivers, both attached to phone lines and set up the same way... I only receive caller ID screen display on one of the 622's. Anyone have any suggestions why I don't get the display from both 622's?
Thanks, Howard

Just a thought, how many devices do you have hooked into all your phone jacks? It may be a problem with REN's and not enough of the signal is getting through to the 2nd 622.

Yet another thought, are you sure that you have it enabled? Because the default is disabled.

Also some 622's and 625's have Caller ID issues.

Has it ever worked on that 622? if you take a phone with CID and plug it in to the same line that is going to the 622 does CID work on it?

I know that with my receivers I occationally have to cycle the enable on the caller id.

I disable it.
leave that particular menu screen
return to that menu screen
re-enable it.

We have to do this about once a month or so.

I have a 522 where the Caller ID only works about half the time. This is the 4th receiver I've had (replaced due to other issues) with this issue. I don't have any problems with any of my phones, so I surmise it is an issue with the receiver design.

Could be a bad phone line, bad phone tee or connector, not enabled in the system setup. Bad receiver, or if there is a issue then it needs to take a download at 3am. Bad phone circuit, try pluggin a phone into it. Do you have SBC at&t? I know there was issues like that with 625 receivers and 322.

Also try going to factory defaults, then re enable the caller id.
IMPORTANT! Make sure you remember your modulated channel for tv 2, you might have to renable it back to cable ch 73 on the receiver. If you don't know what I am talking about, do try this. This also tends to fix the locks ups on the receivers; the longer it says "programming information" the more like that it will fix a problem. <-------Doesn't solve all problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts