Calling Dish customer support is pitiful

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
sheesh.....unbelievable!!! :mad:

I haven't had the NHL CI for 2 yrs. and just noticed they added to my account again, I thought....no problem I'll have it taken off.

All I want to do is take the NHL CI off my programing/statement.

I make the call yesterday, speak to someone I can't even understand, they don't speak english very well at all, and I was probably put on hold 5 times and spent 30 minutes talking to this guy....he was completely lost. I doubted after my call yesterday he had taken it off.

I call this morning just to see if it's removed and go through the samething...... :no
All I want to do is have the NHL CI taken off my bill!!!!
I won't go into detail, but once again I could barely understand the polite girl I was talking with and she seemed completely lost, I doubt it's off my account.

My bill, keeping it simple, is $130.00 a month, and I ask this nice girl, that I can barely understand, what my new account balance would be after she removed the $43.00 installment. She asked me nicely, could I put you on hold once again, I said sure. She returned and thanked me once again for being on hold for the 6th time and told me she was sure she got the NBA League Pass removed and my new bill is $41.93 a month........ :eek:..... :mad:

I kindly thanked her for her help. :mad: :mad:

Thanks for listening, just wanted to blow off some steam before I call back tomorrow.

I had somethings to do and couldn't call right back, it gets frustrating for me and I try to remain polite. If I called them right back after spending the time I did with the first one I might turn into a instant assh0le.

It's called CSR roulette. When you call DishNetwork CSR's and get a bad one hang up and call right back. Do this until you get one you are comfortable with. I'm not a rude person at all and in the early years with DishNetwork I suffered as you have. I haven't had to call them in quite a while (thank goodness). Now however I will hang up in a skinny minute until I get one that knows what to do. Life is way to short for that bs. P.S. I pay DishNetwork over 130 bucks a month." GET-R-Done" right the first time.

DISH OUTSOURCED CSR'S SUCK!!!

I wish dish wouldn't outsource their CSR's. I called a couple of weeks ago to get VOOM. The CSR that barely spoke english said I had to pay an $100 "activation fee" for it. Even though I had a dish pointed correctly he said there was no way for me to get it without paying that fee and that he needed my credit card number for it. I told him to forget it.

I called back and got another CSR that barely spoke english again. He said I had to sub to at least the Top 120 package to get VOOM. He really pushed that I needed to upgrade my services. I told him I also have cable (and their HD DVR) and that I didn't want top 120. I only have Dish for HD content now: I have 60 plus, CBS HD and the HD pak through Dish. I told the CSR to forget it.

3rd call to dish was somone that barely spoke english again. He said my 6000 receiver wasn't an HD receiver and I wouldn't be able to get VOOM on it. He said I needed to buy a 942 from him or else I wouldn't get VOOM. He wanted my credit card number and $800. Like the others I told him to forget it.

After an hour and a half and 3 calls I gave up on adding VOOM to my dish account.

Fast forward to this week when I looked at my online bill...One (or more) of the CSR's had upgraded my services without my knowledge and VOOM wasn't one of them. My bill was more than triple what it normally is.

So I called back about the problem and got ANOTHER person that barely spoke english. He said I would have to pay a downgrade fee to get the services removed even though I never ordered them. And they wouldn't credit me for the time they were on my account even though it was without my knowledge or authorization. I told him if that was the case, I just want to cancel my service for good.

He was smug and said I would be back and that I'm making a mistake. He said to "punish me for leaving", I would be charged a $25 fee to come back. He asked if he could put my on hold to get my account cancelled and after 30 minutes (and my cell almost dying) I hung up.

I finally called tech support hoping I could get someone that lived in this country and spoke english (and maybe gave a sh*t about customer service). I talked to a really helpful woman that added VOOM and corrected what the CSR's had done.

So after over 2 and a half hours on the phone and 5 calls, I finally got VOOM added.
I'm waiting to see if I get credited for the packages I didn't order....
THANKS DISH! :rolleyes:

:eek: I thought mine was difficult :eek:

DJ Rob said:
DISH OUTSOURCED CSR'S SUCK!!!

I wish dish wouldn't outsource their CSR's. I called a couple of weeks ago to get VOOM. The CSR that barely spoke english said I had to pay an $100 "activation fee" for it. Even though I had a dish pointed correctly he said there was no way for me to get it without paying that fee and that he needed my credit card number for it. I told him to forget it.

I called back and got another CSR that barely spoke english again. He said I had to sub to at least the Top 120 package to get VOOM. He really pushed that I needed to upgrade my services. I told him I also have cable (and their HD DVR) and that I didn't want top 120. I only have Dish for HD content now: I have 60 plus, CBS HD and the HD pak through Dish. I told the CSR to forget it.

3rd call to dish was somone that barely spoke english again. He said my 6000 receiver wasn't an HD receiver and I wouldn't be able to get VOOM on it. He said I needed to buy a 942 from him or else I wouldn't get VOOM. He wanted my credit card number and $800. Like the others I told him to forget it.

After an hour and a half and 3 calls I gave up on adding VOOM to my dish account.

Fast forward to this week when I looked at my online bill...One (or more) of the CSR's had upgraded my services without my knowledge and VOOM wasn't one of them. My bill was more than triple what it normally is.

So I called back about the problem and got ANOTHER person that barely spoke english. He said I would have to pay a downgrade fee to get the services removed even though I never ordered them. And they wouldn't credit me for the time they were on my account even though it was without my knowledge or authorization. I told him if that was the case, I just want to cancel my service for good.

He was smug and said I would be back and that I'm making a mistake. He said to "punish me for leaving", I would be charged a $25 fee to come back. He asked if he could put my on hold to get my account cancelled and after 30 minutes (and my cell almost dying) I hung up.

I finally called tech support hoping I could get someone that lived in this country and spoke english (and maybe gave a sh*t about customer service). I talked to a really helpful woman that added VOOM and corrected what the CSR's had done.

So after over 2 and a half hours on the phone and 5 calls, I finally got VOOM added.
I'm waiting to see if I get credited for the packages I didn't order....
THANKS DISH! :rolleyes:

I have called tech support about 5 times in the 4 months I had Dish. Most of it was for programming changes and a couple of calls were for receiver problems. I spoke with a couple of really good CSR's and a couple of morons with no clue (they were American too!). I have never had to speak with a off shore CSR yet for Dish (thank god). Companies should not do this, everytime I have spoken to one of these overseas services (companies other than Dish) they dont know what they are doing, don't speak good english and they read troubleshooting tips right off a script card and the tips are normally stuff a 12 year old could think off. I still have Comcast HSI and the ONLY good thing I can say about Comcast is that everytime I called their HSI support number I got someone who really knew what was going on. They have some real knowledgeable HSI techs (Atleast in S.E Michigan).

There is only one solution to this outsourcing and poor CSR issue endemic with companies:

All top executives (along with corporate attorneys and Board of Directors members) are put in one room. One is selected at random and one customer problem with all the customer's information is presented to them. They have 10 minutes to call pretending to be the customer and get the problem resolved without being able to identify themselves as big shots. If they cannot, they are thrown out the top floor of their high rise. Then the next one is selected until each is dead or successful. Those few that were actually successful and live are then released and told that this problem must be resolved or the test will occur again.

The results will be:
1) The gene pool will be improved (probably the biggest benefit).
2) The company's stock price will go up as their free million dollar life insurance policies will cost the company much less than the salaries.
3) Customer satisfaction will go up at least in the short turn.
4) Some corporate lawyers will provide entertainment to the thrower and to the watchers below. (second biggest benefit).
5) I'll be sooooooo happy!

JohnP :D

outsourcing call center work to india saves them alot of money even though they have call centers in several states now. Dish uses an IVR system for the techs to activate new accounts and update service calls and half the time it doesnt work, I have to wonder since adding this IVR how many united states based csr's have been found themselves out of work.

Like americans are so much smarter? c'mon man...

Intelligent american CSR's would mean more money every month to your bill, and who wants that...

You can't subtract programming online, which sucks...

I have to say I love the IVR. Takes 1/3 the time it used to. I know at first it was a pain but now it seems to work very well, as long as you punch in the numbers right. Also never have to wait for the customer to get off the phone with some long winded CSR anymore.

Van said:
outsourcing call center work to india saves them alot of money even though they have call centers in several states now. Dish uses an IVR system for the techs to activate new accounts and update service calls and half the time it doesnt work, I have to wonder since adding this IVR how many united states based csr's have been found themselves out of work.

It's funny you mention that. Everytime I have to bypass the IVR for a workorder modification, it seems every CSR has to somehow justify their existence by going over programming and disclosures. A very boring and tedious thing to hear since that's pretty much the same thing I, as the installer, am going to go over at the end of the install. In a lot of cases, the customer has a hard time understanding the CSR. So I'm stuck not only waiting for the customer to get off the phone, but have to repeat and rePHRASE what was already stated.

webbydude said:
It's funny you mention that. Everytime I have to bypass the IVR for a workorder modification, it seems every CSR has to somehow justify their existence by going over programming and disclosures. A very boring and tedious thing to hear since that's pretty much the same thing I, as the installer, am going to go over at the end of the install. In a lot of cases, the customer has a hard time understanding the CSR. So I'm stuck not only waiting for the customer to get off the phone, but have to repeat and rePHRASE what was already stated.
I've been lucky I guess. I can never tell if the workorder has been entered correctly (being non-DNSC), so I ALWAYS "modify" it, and only once did the CSR want to talk to the customer.

CSR roulette doesn't just apply to Dishnet, tell ya the truth I have far worse problems with comcast (3 cancelled-at-the-very-last second without telling me appointments later, my cable line STILL hasn't been installed properly and they STILL aren't willing to get me a date earlier than the 29th)..

As long as I live here, I'm not quitting my dishnet service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts