Calling Dish experts.. Is the following installation correct?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
119 SS Readings:
=============

Tp SS
--- ----
02 114
04 111
05 108
06 113
07 103
08 114
11 113
12 116
13 110
14 112
15 108
16 115
17 109
18 112
19 110
20 112
21 107

I'll be honest, I've never checked transponder 7 on the 118...but generally speaking, if the 118 is involved there's more than one channel AND transponder involved. Transponder 17 and 18 are what I look at. Here in NE Ohio I usually get those two in the low 80s. And your 119...wow! That 113 is awesome! Typically transponder 11 is tested.

Why do you have a 61.5 dish? Are you receiving Sky Angel proggramming?
The 118 is a medium powered bird. 50 percent for a signal will, work, but very crappy. if the signal is not locked, it is an installation error... calll the installer, he should not have left if the signal was below 70 percent on that 118 sat. during the time of the install.
Your check switch matrix looks green, however the system info screen is hitting x on the 118. It is either a wiring error or the signal itself.,,, try resetting the reciever, run check switch, go to system info and let run through tests... should all be green. if not call up installer....

I've had some international installs that called for both the 61.5 and 118 to be used. Wished I had more of them. Anything that involves a 500+ or 1000+ combined with a 61.5 is going to be good $$$.

Huh? The single LNB is on the dish 500+, the 61.5 (regular dish 500, with one lnb) has a DP dual, as stated by the guy's checkswitch screen. Single and Dual refer to the # of outputs on the LNB.
In response to Huh?
I had a typo on sat position, and corrected it, but I was thanking you for confirming that the LNBF being used for 110 was actually a "DP Single LNBF".

I have never seen a DP Single LNBF. So when I looked at the picture, it looked to me like it may have been a dual with one of the connectors pulled out.

Thanks again.

Called Dish network and they are sending a tech on Saturday.

I switched the cables between Port 3 and 4 (of DPP44) and it didn't make any difference.

Well the coax is barrelled at the first dish and the cons are not dish issue and paying for cable says its a sub contractor that installed it. Two diferent summaries show two diferent results so something isnt right and its probably that its not tuned it right. Given all of that there your system is probably not grounded and there most likely arent any drip loops and the entry holes arent sealed either and theres most likely more barrels in those lines so yes I would call dish up and have them send out someone from they're office to go through the system and fix it right.

You called that one.

What a tech is supposed to do is lock in 119, run all check switch, and the use the point dish screen set on 118 to further tune in 118.7. If you can turn up the volume to hear the point dish scream or have someone monitor your results to you on your cell phone, you could (without loosening any nuts!!) push the actual dish up then down then left then right, just to it moves a little and see if the signal goes up some. Then you know which way to go before loosening stuff(I'd get the dish guy back out to do that). Keep in mind the signal strength indicated on 118 will not be as high as 110 or 119. Another thing I have found is that DNW software is a little quirky when first getting these new receivers installed. Try another check switch. Also, system info screens may not show reception as it really is. Big question is.. are you missing any channels?

What I love about the Dish 500+ is there no instructions on how to put it together in the box.

If I hadn't had experience from the SuperDish days, I would have lost my mind figuring out how to assemble it.

God help a rookie installer who is only experienced with the Dish 500.

No freaking instructions. Unbelievable!!!

What I love about the Dish 500+ is there no instructions on how to put it together in the box.

If I hadn't had experience from the SuperDish days, I would have lost my mind figuring out how to assemble it.

God help a rookie installer who is only experienced with the Dish 500.

No freaking instructions. Unbelievable!!!
Dish assumes most installers/handy people are men..Men do not read instuctions.....

LOL!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)