Came to really appreciate Sat-guys today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say that in all my years working on satellite systems of all kinds, in getting into FTA I have needed A LOT of extra info. Not once was I told to "search and read". I always got friendly and very good advise! Hats off to all.......I've expanded my satellite universe.

That has always been my philosophy in the FTA area is to not say "do a search" because stuff changes. When I first got FTA, I had issues and that is what I would get opn other boards. The old "do a search" didnt work.

Plus we all were newbies once so its fun to help out. And even some of us who have worked with it for a while still learn stuff :)

Ironic in a sense that I stumbled into SatGuys while doing a search at someone else's suggestion. As with other forums I lurked for a few days before "joining" then eventually "Pub'd". That was almost a year ago (Scott - renewal's in the "mail" I guess?) and I'm still here a year later. I never stayed with any other forum that long - I never really felt welcome or that anything I contributed was valued in any way, what with all the typical "experts" and big egos. Now, not only am I still an active participant here, but I've also all but ended my time spent in any other forum! I can get it all here, even my occasional outgassing in the Pit.

Keep up the good work, Scott and Staffers - It just doesn't get any better than it is here, and here it just keeps on getting better...!

A year ago I asked to come on staff here. The place I was for 5 years had gone from "The friendliest" site to one that was catering to the top 2% price range. I believe in being the "Southwest airlines" of Home Theater Editors that cater to what 95% of people can afford! That and a review I wrote was never published because "It might offend someone". It was an extremely positive review but I "call it like I see it" and that wasn't welcomed there.

I was already spending 90% of my time here anyway so after 5 years of doing this I came on staff here a year ago. Best move I've ever made, the people here are like family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)