camper question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eersmaniac

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
mountain state
I have a campsite in kimbolton Ohio and tried to find someone to install a dish for me and had no luck. I never see the neighbors camping that have satellite so I'm going to have to do this myself. I have the 722 and was wondering what all I have to buy? Obviously the dish but I know there is all kinds out there to buy. Do I get eastern arc or western arc. I love dish but I really don't know what the hell I'm doing. Please let me know everything I must get. Are Android apps a good way to find the satellites? Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Do some reading on RV Satellite.

The satellite apps are good for getting the dish settings. I have an issue with dish to smart phone relationship. Looking through the smart phone and then pointing the dish is ablout as accurate as using the compass.

Learn about the tailgater and save lot of heartburn, just set it where there is a clear southern sky and make sure receiver is compatible and tailgater will do the rest, just follow prompts. You will even get HD.

Learn about the tailgater and save lot of heartburn, just set it where there is a clear southern sky and make sure receiver is compatible and tailgater will do the rest, just follow prompts. You will even get HD.
Isn't the Tailgater restricted to the 211?

Are you anywhere near Winchester or Roanoke? If you're on the road, Akron?

Camping World is an authorized RV installer for satellite TV if you're looking for either a roof-mount or free standing configuration.

There are many who extol using a Tailgater and skip the part about VIP722s. Usually non-RVers.

The Tailgater is aptly named for what it is good at, tailgating at a football game or similar event.

For many RVers, the Tailgater is inadequate. The investment is good tools (tripod, meters, etc) is about the same as a Tailgater but the result has so much more capabilities.

And the Tailgater only works with WA, and it's reliability reputation seems to be taking a hit.

I love the Tailgater but would agree that it's best used for tailgating or short term usage. Every customer I've sold a Tailgater to that uses it for days ends up having issues. I don't think it's meant to be used non-stop for days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)