camping and getting locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ropdyke

Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
I go camping quite a bit, I do take a 500 dish and a 311 with me and have distant locals and have no problems getting 119 and most of the time 110, but 110 is not rally much on it that I watch. I would like to know if its possible to get locals in my area (good to keep an eye on the weather) for short trips we stay with in 200 miles of the house. Could I get locals with my 500? I know I would not be able to hit 119 and 105, but If needed for the local weather could it be done?

Thanks in advance!
Robert Opdyke

Yes I know that if I get 105 getting 119 is out of the question. But sometimes local news is important, I could just change it back after the local news broadcast. If I can get my locals with my 500 dish that would be cool.

Sometimes I use a batt and inverter sometimes at the state parks get eletricty.

Thanks

The good thing about SuperDish markets - you can take it almost anywhere in the U.S. and get your locals, the bad thing - they are harder to install due to the lower powered FSS satellite, larger size, and is more expensive.

what locals do you get right now?

If they are on Superdish, the good is they are Conus (whole US) footprint
bad news is you need a Superdish

If they are on Dish500 good news is you can use a Dish500
bad news is spotbeams

So I guess the question is....which locals do you get?

ropdyke said:
I go camping quite a bit, I do take a 500 dish and a 311 with me ...
Robert Opdyke

Nothing like roughing it in the great outdoors. Man becoming one with nature. The trees. The wildlife. The sights, sounds, and smells. The 12 channels of home shopping, plus Bingo TV and two channels of Horse Racing. Truly God's wondrous majesty.

GaryPen said:
Nothing like roughing it in the great outdoors. Man becoming one with nature. The trees. The wildlife. The sights, sounds, and smells. The 12 channels of home shopping, plus Bingo TV and two channels of Horse Racing. Truly God's wondrous majesty.

If he aims at 119, most of those arent there :D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)