Can 622 Output Digital Signals via Coax/Antenna Output?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kaman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2006
Does anyone know if the out CATV/Antenna output jack on 622 is digital, in addition to analog? (my guess is no) I didn't see anything obvious in the modulator setup screen. I know that OTA HD uses digital which comes over coax.

If not, does anyone know if there is a converter/adapter in existence to go from HDMI (digital) to digital signal over coax?

I am curious if I can somehow get digital signal from 622 to TV using antenna jack on TV, which does both analog and digital, directly or indirectly.

You may ask why the hell does he want that? It is a slow weekend and I am futzing around with my electronics today. There's no big need or grandios idea, but rather just a mental challenge and an opportunity for me to learn more about the subject matter i am green on.

No. Its NTSC only.

Low-cost ATSC modulator would be an ideal solution to in-home HD distribution.

Your question is a little ambiguous. Are you trying to send the raw OTA signal to a tv that has an ATSC (digital OTA) tuner? The 622 doesn't seem to pass the antenna feed back out, just one or two modulated channels.

But you could combine that output with an antenna feed and send it all across one coax cable.

Split the antenna feed, send one part into the 622, combine the other part to the coax output and send that combo across the coax you're already using. Just don't set the 622 modulated output to any currently broadcast OTA frequencies in your area. It's best to leave an unused channel between the 622 channels and any OTA channels; for instance, if 48 and 52 are ota frequencies in your area, 46, 50 and 54 would be good choices for your 622 modulators, but 47, 49, 51 and 53 might cause interference problems.

Remember that the OTA HD channels might use a different frequency than the channel number...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts