Can 942 record NTSC broadcast?

Not currently, only ATSC if you provide your own off the air antenna and connection.

tdillon said:
Not currently, only ATSC if you provide your own off the air antenna and connection.

tdillon,

The 942 will NEVER be able to record NTSC as those are analog channels and NO SATELLITE DVR receiver has the MPEG2 encoder built in that would be required to record analog broadcasts.

The 942 will be able to tune NTSC in the future but never will it be able to record those channels.

ATSC is the standard for digital broadcasts, most local channels across the country will likely be full POWER ATSC this year, if they don't then they risk losing their license for their Digital channel assignment.

John

Nope, and while it would be a nice addition (I know cable DVRs can), I kinda like that it doesn't. "So what's wrong with you", you ask? :) I like leaving my 921 on all the time, but to reduce the wear on the hard drive I tune it (manually and auto-tune) to an analog OTA station when I'm not using it. The buffering shuts off then. Of course the hard drive is still on, and periodic housekeeping reads/writes may still be going on, but that's far less activity than the continual writes or reads+writes when buffering or timeshifting. But I'm weird like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts