Can 99° LNB Be Disabled?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pgricks

Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Can the lnb which receives the 99° satellite be disabled for only 99°? Apparently the Slimline receives 99, 101, and 103 on the same lnb? I do not need the programming on 99 and it blocks the OTA channels. However I do need the programming which comes in on 103. Another alternative would be having a lnb that only receives 103. Then I suppose I could add it to the existing dish with a multiswitch. Does anyone have ideas.

Last edited:
Can the lnb which receives the 99° satellite be disabled for only 99°? Apparently the Slimline receives 99, 101, and 103 on the same lnb? I do not need the programming on 99 and it blocks the OTA channels. However I do need the programming which comes in on 103. Another alternative would be having a lnb that only receives 103. Then I suppose I could add it to the existing dish with a multiswitch. Does anyone have ideas.

1) You will need it.

2) All of the new national HD programming on 103 is on the Ka-lo band and is what is obliterating OTA.

3) The existing local HD programming on 99 is actually Ka-high band and does not interfere with OTA or require a B-band converter.

4) The proper solution is to run a dedicated line for OTA.

5) An ill-advised solution that has mixed results, it to move the B-band converter before the diplexer at the dish/multiswitch output.

Very well put George!!

5) An ill-advised solution that has mixed results, it to move the B-band converter before the diplexer at the dish/multiswitch output.

I have this arrangement (BBC in attic with diplexer). I have not had any problems with OTA. Is this just because the OTA channels that I need in Houston are not affected by the BBC conversion? I would have preferred the two cable drop installation, but the DTV installer refused to drop a new line because all of my walls have firebreaks in the middle of them. When I built the house 11 years ago I had two lines installed (OTA & one for DTV), which was all I thought I would ever need, then along came the HR20........

No...that method will work...because after the BBC there are no frequecies in the OTA range used.

However, there can be issues with long cable runs between the BBC and receiver, so it doesn't work for everyone.

B-Band Converter Before the Diplexer

I have a similar problem with not being able to run additional cables through my walls. The BBC before the diplexer sounds like an ideal solution for my problem. What constitutes too long a cable run for this work? Can the BBC stand up to weather (California style), if I place it outside?

I've seen about 75' used. The quality of the cables and connectors will make a difference.

The BBC is meant to go indoors, so I'd put it in a j-box at least.

I installed the BBC before the diplexer and in a waterproof outside junction box. The system is working great with no bugs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts