Can a 44 switch work like this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigrex12

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Plymouth, IN
I currently use a k.2 ea dish to a duo node. I get good signal, but I know for a fact two singles and a dpp 44 switch gets a lot better signal, would a 44 switch with two 61.5s and 72.7s work, for redundancies sake? I know it wouldn't double signal, but would it work as far as having twice the capability of keeping higher signal? Four dishes aren't really the most beautiful thing to most, but it's novel, and if its functional then I might try it.

I'd be surprised if this would work. The 44 is looking for different signals, not combining them.

It won't do any good. The switch will detect the first port connected to each sat position and ignore the 2nd.

Basically, say ports 1&3 are 72.7 and 2&4 are 61.5. Its only going to use 1 & 2.

Not really. Except for maybe during rain fade. The problem is though the receivers won't automatically switch sats during the rain fade e.g. Say you lose 72.7 but also have a dish pointed at 129 and still have signal at 129, the receiver will still report signal loss until you perform a check switch, even though 129 has the same channels for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I currently use a k.2 ea dish to a duo node. I get good signal, but I know for a fact two singles and a dpp 44 switch gets a lot better signal, would a 44 switch with two 61.5s and 72.7s work, for redundancies sake? I know it wouldn't double signal, but would it work as far as having twice the capability of keeping higher signal? Four dishes aren't really the most beautiful thing to most, but it's novel, and if its functional then I might try it.
If you want more reliability put up 2 larger dishes for 61.5 and 72.7, more signal equals more reliability.

I do not think the switch itself will care. It just does as it is ordered to do by the receivers (i.e. the receiver says give me switch input X with Y polarity on the upper or lower band). The receivers will probably just ignore the second connection of the same satellite when doing a switch test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts