Can a western arc lnbf be used on an eastern arc dish?

Just like the title says. I would think no because the refrator may be different but I'm no expert. Thoughts.
Please be more specific in what you are asking, and what is a refrator? A 1000.4 dish has a EA LNB and a WA LNB the spacing between LNBs is different if that is you question

K.2 west lnb can be used on a k.2 dish only, skew/elevation can be adjusted for eastern or western sats but if pointed east you'd need a k.2 e.a. Twin

So in summary, yes the DISH portion can be used. However the LNB needs to be either EA or WA due to the spacing to get optimal signal. 1.4 does have an EA LNB, but its only primarily used for Latino packages (at least in Midwest).

Sorry Boba I ment reflector.
So it sound like everything is the same except the LNB and of course the adjustments. I have a 1000.4 EA now but am thinking converting it to WA to get a better signal. Not sure of the differences to a 1000.2?

I daresay you are not likely to see any difference between the two reflectors.

1000.4 dish is bigger than a 1000.2 and if you were to get a 1000.4 w.a. L.b for that 1000.4 dish you may see slightly stronger signal than with the 1000.2 and 1000.2 w.a. Lnb. That's in no way saying k.2 is inferior. It's the standard dish, east or west, for 99% of installs

Sorry Boba I ment reflector.
So it sound like everything is the same except the LNB and of course the adjustments. I have a 1000.4 EA now but am thinking converting it to WA to get a better signal. Not sure of the differences to a 1000.2?
If you have a 1000.4 EA now all you need to buy is a 1000.4 WA LNB assembly. No a 1000.2 LNB assembly isn't interchangeable with a 1000.4. Go to ebay and search for a 1000.4 LNB, you should be able to see the different spacing. Search on ebay for auction 300892539410.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts