can an EA dish be mounted on a pole that currently has a DirecTv slimline on it?

So if I switch providers the installer will need to put a new pole in the ground? Can't use the pole that the DirecTv dish is on?

In most cases yes the installer would need to put up a new pole. However if he can get manager approval he can just rig it. I've seen a dish pole slide into the center if a dtv one and then a couple of long screws drilled in the middle to hold it in place

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

There is an adapter that can be placed on the larger pole so that another pole installation is not needed. I have one that I can sell you or you can find them on ebay.

Nice open view. I have the DirecTv dish on a pole about 30 away from the hose so that it is clear of any trees blocking the southern sky. Both to the SE and SW.

We always use an adapter for these types of installs. No need to mount another pole, just a waste of money and time.

Most cases throw a new pole down the center of the old pole, throw a couple pinch bolts in and be good. The real question is how many lines are trenched.

Most cases throw a new pole down the center of the old pole, throw a couple pinch bolts in and be good. The real question is how many lines are trenched.

2 cables glued together are running from the dish to a ground block on the side of my house. Only one of the cables actually has ends on it.

If the dual node was placed at the dish you could use just the two wires with taps on the house side for any joeys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)