can anybody identify this actuator and sensor

Hey guys. I've given as much as I can. An arduino or drone/rc guy would "get it" in a minute.
I have just an okay background in electronics and automation. lance, if this seems a bit over your head at all then it may just be time to bite the bullet and buy an actuator. Hell. I don't even know if that DC2 box is even practical these days. It would take quite a bit just to program sats into it. And (correct me) an interface cable and software.
Again. It's all here. You're looking at stuff from ages ago.

Here's my version of Magic Static's hall/optical interface. I tried reed switches a-mundo and different sector magnets.
I saw strange things on my oscilloscope. 5 regularly spaced pulses and one long one on 6 sector magnets.
Tried different spacing, reed switches. You name it. After switching to a hall switch and alternating N-S poles on a trigger disc.
I can tell you I rarely have to tweak my dish position for best signal.

Lance. Good luck dude. Maybe what you see here helps others.
20200307_192814.jpg

Reactions: Titanium
no problem bud thanks for input I think most practical is the encoder just dont want to buy it and have it not work I'm just gonna pick up a whole other b.u.d locally with a better actuator I know were there is about ten of them hopefully I get one free like my first one 8footer I know were there is a 12foot mesh on top of a bar here he said 200 and I can have it it looks much newer possible reed sensor so I think I'll go that route or keep knocking on doors thanks guy u guys are awesome

Hey guys. I've given as much as I can. An arduino or drone/rc guy would "get it" in a minute.
I have just an okay background in electronics and automation. lance, if this seems a bit over your head at all then it may just be time to bite the bullet and buy an actuator. Hell. I don't even know if that DC2 box is even practical these days. It would take quite a bit just to program sats into it. And (correct me) an interface cable and software.
Again. It's all here. You're looking at stuff from ages ago.

Here's my version of Magic Static's hall/optical interface. I tried reed switches a-mundo and different sector magnets.
I saw strange things on my oscilloscope. 5 regularly spaced pulses and one long one on 6 sector magnets.
Tried different spacing, reed switches. You name it. After switching to a hall switch and alternating N-S poles on a trigger disc.
I can tell you I rarely have to tweak my dish position for best signal.

Lance. Good luck dude. Maybe what you see here helps others.View attachment 143951
hey arlo I'm on to something I just couldn't give up lol like I said I'm a mechanic so not completely lost when reading meters and understanding DC components I have a cam sensor off a 97 neon it's a hall sensor it works with my uniden I'm rigging a magnet to the shaft of the motor cause it spins the fastest of them all the hall sensor sends a signal of 5v to 0v dc to my uniden controller so there's a bit of info there I'll post pictures later when I get this tweaked it's a rig but if rig work redneck wins lmao still might go encoder route tho now I know the voltage my controller wants to see helps on switch encoder to buy thanks again arlo your a huge help much appreciated bud cheers

The positioner is Titanium's ASC1. It's very nice.
Better check on that motor before you start giving your receiver pulses not gear reduced.

The positioner is Titanium's ASC1. It's very nice.
Better check on that motor before you start giving your receiver pulses not gear reduced.
it got cold where I am but arlo was right trying to make my own magnet did not work I have a cam sensor from my dodge neon hall effect so I thought about it grab the magnet from a motor at the junkyard I drilled a hole in back of the motor shaft not far at all qrt. inch maybe and bolted sensor to it and wow this baby is counting I can call sats now yesssss!!! I'll do the math or look at how many counts I'm getting per inch of travel tomorrow its redneck but works just gotta make my cover longer and fit that here's the magnets poles in picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200313-194144_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-194144_Chrome.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 253
it got cold where I am but arlo was right trying to make my own magnet did not work I have a cam sensor from my dodge neon hall effect so I thought about it grab the magnet from a motor at the junkyard I drilled a hole in back of the motor shaft not far at all qrt. inch maybe and bolted sensor to it and wow this baby is counting I can call sats now yesssss!!! I'll do the math or look at how many counts I'm getting per inch of travel tomorrow its redneck but works just gotta make my cover longer and fit that here's the magnets poles in picture
I wouldn't worry at all about per inch of actuator travel.
Concentrate on how much the counter increments between sats. Like I said I'm getting somewhere around 26 per 2 degrees from 133 to 99. And because of the geometry of how the arm is mounted from 99 to 47 degrees is 32 per 2 degrees.
It makes finding and predicting where the next sat is when you're seeking a signal.

1584165243908.png

it's working really well my view is only 107w to 133 and its tracking well I've just been happy and haven't counted yet lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts