Can anyone explain Video on Demand is?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KDRE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
or Dish on demand or whatever it is?

Is it just pay per view, is it pay for a month of vewing.. what is it?

Also how does this work with Dish's DVR's?

I believe they also call their regular PPV "Dish on Demand Pay-per-view", at least that's what I always remember hearing during their inserted PPV ads when watching TV.

Dish/Video on Demand

Dish On Demand is if you have a DVR you can pause live tv and play whenever you want. Its basically what they call their DVR players capabilities. Video on Demand is when you have one of the larger drive DVR's you can order the pay per view movies that are on that month any time you want to see them, rather than just the times they are listed. It cost 4.99 per movie instead of the regular 3.99 and there is something about having to keep your phone line connected to the DVR at all times which you don't have to do normally.

It's Dish Networks way of conning the paying public into *thinking* they're getting something that cable customers pay less for, and have enjoyed for a while.
Only not.

It's a ripoff at best. I had no problem at all recording a ppv on my 510 at some ungodly hour and watch it any time I wanted just like the rest of my dvr'd programs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)