Can anyone recommend an installer in the Baton Rouge, LA area?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kuperman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2006
So I got my first FTA setup from Sadoun. It is sweet. I guess, not sure yet.
I ran all my cables through the attic, fished cable through the walls.
I even mounted the 36" dish and motor. But I get nothing. Nil on the signal. I fought with it for two days. It's probably that pesky tree line on the south part of my yard.

It's obvious that I need to relocate my dish. Problem is, before anyone laughs, I don't do heights all good.

So I'm looking for an installer that can either mount it a) better or b) on the roof, align it and configure my receiver so that I can deliver upon a promise to my wife from many years ago. All the 'hard work'/time consuming stuff is done.

Help!

I'm in the Baton Rouge area. I don't do satellite for a living but I've been around it for quite sometime. I could help you with the system if you have plenty of food and beer. ;)

I've attached some older pictures of my setup. I've since changed over to the QPH-031 LNB, changed the orientation of the switch, and waterproofed everything.

Attachments

• 100_3398 (Large).JPG
    100_3398 (Large).JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 100_3401 (Large).JPG
    100_3401 (Large).JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 162
Guys, it looks like I'm going to have to go this one alone. All attempts to find a pro to do this are coming up nil - the one guy I could actually verify that's local that can do this sort of thing won't return my calls. I'm thinking about this roof mount, but I need a mount/mast like the one in the picture. The one I have is the Universal Mount II from Sadoun, which isn't right for a slanted roof. Is there any place local I can get that? Hell, for that matter, is there anywhere local I might be able to get ANY supplies? (the local Fortec Star distributor doesn't really have anything - I went by there today; they kind of looked at me funny when I told them what I needed and said they didn't do anything larger than 31" dishes.)

I'll start trolling around for posts on various mounts and get some ideas as to what I can/should do. Thanks for your help guys.

Hey Digiblur is that a FEMA trailer in the 1st pic ? Ok Just Kidding, but I did see a news report of a guy who was given a massive FEMA trailer, problem is they didn't leave him the keys.

Kuperman I sympathize with you, I also got a Universal type II mount with my original Sadoun order, so I found myself ordering the supermount for about $45, it looked a bit sturdier and is holding up well, but its not too different than the mounts I've seen used for Dish or DTV maybe just a little longer and the additional support arms give you little bit more peace of mind.

I very well may take you guys up on your offers! I don't think getting the mounts up is going to be the hard part... but the aligning of the dish/motor, etc. That's what's going to end up being tricky. Probably going to take a stab at this not this coming weekend but next.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts