Can anyone recommend some inexpensive, yet decent compression connectors?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
I just need like 6 of them, but I'm totally lost when it comes to buying them. Im using RG6 cable. Thanks guys!

(if anyone wants to sell me some so I don't have to buy 50 that would be awesome! :))

do you have a local tv shop or dish installer around. usually you can go in and buy a handful if you have the tool to put them on already and buy them to fit the tool. i would be glad to send you some though. a small flat rate box is about 5.10 or an envelope that would hold them would be a few dollars. try the local store first. charlie

I usually bum mine from cable television installers when I find them out on jobs ;) ...

They love to use the PPC EX6XL fittings, and I've had nothing but good luck using these fittings as well.

I just need like 6 of them, but I'm totally lost when it comes to buying them. Im using RG6 cable. Thanks guys!

(if anyone wants to sell me some so I don't have to buy 50 that would be awesome! :))

seriously if all you need is 1/2 dozen PM me. I've got a boatload of PPC EX6 connectors. Bought them on EBay (like 200 of them) :)

lol, I wish I would've asked the cable installers when they came by, but that was a while ago. :D

do you have a local tv shop or dish installer around. usually you can go in and buy a handful if you have the tool to put them on already and buy them to fit the tool. i would be glad to send you some though. a small flat rate box is about 5.10 or an envelope that would hold them would be a few dollars. try the local store first. charlie

Appreciate the offer Charlie! I'll try to track down some installers, but off the top of my head I can't think of any.

seriously if all you need is 1/2 dozen PM me. I've got a boatload of PPC EX6 connectors. Bought them on EBay (like 200 of them) :)

Thanks for the generosity Iceberg, I'll definitely let you know! Someone told me that if you're just starting, you'll take a few tries to get the fittings right...true? :( Maybe I will have to buy a 50 pack after all. ;)

i screwed up six of them trying to figure out how to use them. i did salvage them after figuring out how to get the plastic compression piece back where it was to start with. charlie

Since I've started playing with FTA, I've used up 1500' of RG6 and used over 200 connectors. My last dish (10') used almost 200' of coax and 14 connectors. The dish stands next to the house 30' from the TV.

I usually bum mine from cable television installers when I find them out on jobs ;) ...

They love to use the PPC EX6XL fittings, and I've had nothing but good luck using these fittings as well.

I got a bag from my Directv installer when he saw thats what I used ;)
You guys sure have "nice" workers in your areas. The last two times I stopped and had a chat with workers and ask about connectors, they both stated they would be fired before they got the truck parked back at the shop. I guess the boss must count them each day??? And this is a big company in my area.:(

It depends.... I've been turned down a couple of times. Many installers, especially the contractors, buy their own in bulk. I doubt they keep a count, but if an installer runs through supplies faster than he/she should, it might cause them trouble. Some installers will give out two or four. Others will give you two heaping handfuls of them...

You guys sure have "nice" workers in your areas.

I didnt even ask. When I got my Directv install the tech saw that I had PPC connectors so he just gave me a bag so that "I wouldnt buy any junky ones". Also got some of those rubber grommet type things to go over the coax connectors on switches and stuff to keep the elements out.

Alrighty then, so I could either buy 50 of these connectors for $10 at the link above, and not use about 35-40 of them, or I could just buy some from someone here. I only need 8, but plan on messing some up...so if anyone wants to sell me about 16-20 of these guys for less than $10 I'd be grateful. :D I'm not sure if there are a specific kind i need for the cable i'm getting, which is perfect vision solid copper quad-shielded rg6 cable.

The PPC-EX6XL is spec'd to work on quad shield, however cables vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some are harder to install fittings on than others. I find the PPC-EX6XL and Perfect Vision cable to be a perfect fit. The fitting slides on easily, without much effort at all. I've used them on quad shield (not Perfect Vision quad shield), and they work but can be somewhat hard to push on. Just make sure that the fitting slides completely onto the cable, and that the dielectric (foam around the center conductor) comes flush with the top of the internal barrel where the thread starts. Verify that there is always dielectric between the center conductor and the barrel. You'd be surprised how many pro installers don't check for this before compressing the fitting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)