Can Baseball make money without alcohol?

The Beer Store is actually privately owned, ownership is split between Labatt and Molson-Coors.
Unfortuantely it has a monopoly in Ontario, which results in high prices. My in-laws frequently drive over to Quebec is get cheaper beer at their corner stores.

The LCBO though, is a crown corporation owned by Ontario. They have the monopoly on hard liquor.

Basically Ontario is as screwed up as Pennsylania, where you have to get your beer at "Distributors" and your liquor at "State Stores", resulting in higher prices for both.

My wife is Canadian and relatives from her side of the Family just shake their heads and scream, when they see me getting 30 packs of Labatts at a Rite Aid Drug Store for $7.00 after a $8.00 rebate and they are paying upwards to $45.00 and can only buy it at the Beer Store. So whenever we go across the river to visit them, I always pick up a case and a $18 Litre bottle of Crown Royal at the Duty Free for them.:)

Well there are quite a few around, probably ten within a 20 mile radius, maybe more, so it's not that bad.

We all grow up knowing you have to do this, it's just weird seeing beer in a gas station.

In Hamtramck (city size - 2 square miles) you aren't farther than 500 feet from alcohol at any location in the city. 88 bars still open, it used to be 126. Countless stores that sell at a minimum beer and wine. Hard to stay sober in this city.:D

Since the penalty was banning the sale of alcohol, what's to stop them from having a byob on those days.

Wow, could that end in a field day!

Mind you that the next game in Toronto Jim Leyland pulled his team off the field for 10 minutes because Jays fans were throwing things on the field (and baseballs at players).

We used to go down to the VET in Philly to see the METS play all the time.We'd stay the weekends to see the whole series.There were so many fights in the stands all fueled by beer.Come the 7th innings you'd expect it and things usually did erupt.They actually at the end had alcohol free sections up in the 600 & 700 levels because it got so really nasty sometimes.A bad family atmosphere if there ever was such a thing.The guy who sold me the tickets because he didn't want to deal with the Mets fans.As I said it got so bad my friend Donna didn't want to go back anymore.I've sat in a few alcohol free zones in several stadiums and arenas.So there was a little safe haven so to speak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)