Can be seen Dish N in Ecuador, South America?

GRX

Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
Can be seen Dish N in Ecuador, South America?
What size of antenna is needed? (90cm, 2m, 3m) and that type of LNB?

Help me please

In venezuela

in Venezuela there is people that sees it with antenna of 3 m, and I wanna to know if in my country i could :(

you should beable to see the sat but getting programming from it is a diffrent story as the beam is Conus.. Witch makes a diffrence.. I dont know how that exactly would work with people in venezuela but maybe there far north enough to just barley pick it up... oh Welcome to sat guys :) Maybe some of the other guys can chip in and proove me wrong??? but the last I knew it wasnt possable.

I've read in another forum that it works in Costa Rica and even in Venezuela with 2.4 and 3.8 meter dishes. I don't think it will work as far south as Ecuador though. How they subscribe, I have no idea.

You can get E* in Venezuela with a 1.8m antenna. They can only get 119 and 110, but to get both at the same time, an extra antenna of the same size is required (a.k.a. one antenna for each satellite).

How do I know this? one of my bosses lives over there and after learning that some people had it (mostly pirated), he took 2 of his US-based, subbed boxes with him, got 2 of those big dishes installed, and now he's able to get 95%+ of the channels available from those 2 sats, with the only exception being his locals from Dallas, Texas. I've seen the system in action, and IIRC, his signal readings were, at the very best, in the high 70's and low 80's and, if faced with any relatively decent sized storm, he'd loose signal for a good while.

well, I live in Florida and I understand that conus thing, but, I brought an LNB + receiver from Venezuela and installed it on a round directv dish and works perfectly. I think that if I can get signal from their satellite, maybe they can do the same over there...

davidmn99 said:
I think that if I can get signal from their satellite, maybe they can do the same over there...
Sorry, that logic does NOT hold. Different antennas (usually on different birds) pointing in different directions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts