Can channels be set to go straight to the SD channel on a certain tuner?

It probably has something to do with the fact that both tuners are HD. I'll forward the request for you. Out of curiosity, is there a reason you don't want to look at the "HD" version of the channel?

Everytime I type in a channel number manually, (like 200 for CNN) it defaults to the HD channel, which is always squished, and/or doesn't fill the screen like the SD version does, but I'm always forced to go down a channel to the SD channel. Gets quite annoying after a while.

I leave the settings like they are on TV 1 in order to watch the HD channels on the mapdown channels. For example, channel 4 would be channel 4 in HD, not SD on that TV instead of HD channel 5xxx.

Now, for TV 2, I do not want to watch the HD channel on an SD TV because it just does not look right unless the channel is HD only. So, what I do is use the Channel Locks option. I lock out the HD channels on TV 2 that have SD duplicates. I forget the menu numbers for it; maybe someone can help while I am away from a Dish receiver. This does not affect TV 1. Therefore, when I press channel 4, I get the SD channel 4 and not the HD channel 4.

I hope that makes sense, and I hope that this helps you. :)

Last time I checked, in dual mode TV1 and TV2 favorites lists are independent of each other. So you could create a favorite list of HD channels on TV1 and SD channels on TV2.

Ah, ok. Shows how often I use the actual numbers. I've been a dish subscriber since the 7200 was "new" and still don't know the actual numbers for most of the channels I watch.

I suspect that the SD 4:3 formated channels will soon become a thing of the past along with the floppy disk and the 8 track. Dishnetwork could recover alot of bandwidth by dumping SD and probably drop a satellite. The dual receivers should default to letterbox in 4:3 format on TV 2 whenever an HD channel is selected.

The dual receivers should default to letterbox in 4:3 format on TV 2 whenever an HD channel is selected.
I beg your pardon! That is already an option, if not the default. (I thought it was the default, but if you say so, then I must be mistaken.)

Anyhow, IMHO what the receiver should do is go into anamorphic widescreen mode for those of us without 4:3 sets. This is not even an option for TV2.

Can one buy a 4:3 TV these days?

I beg your pardon! That is already an option, if not the default. (I thought it was the default, but if you say so, then I must be mistaken.)

Anyhow, IMHO what the receiver should do is go into anamorphic widescreen mode for those of us without 4:3 sets. This is not even an option for TV2.

Can one buy a 4:3 TV these days?
I stand corrected... What I said is not what I meant... Anamorphic widescreen is what I was thinking about when I typed Letterbox:eek:. I have a remote 16:9 tv that I watch HD channels in 16:9 via the modulator on TV 1. Why can't we do that also on TV 2?

I have a remote 16:9 tv that I watch HD channels in 16:9 via the modulator on TV 1. Why can't we do that also on TV 2?
Aha. In that case, I'm with you 100%! Some Dish gear-heads have claimed the chipset can't even do that. But as I posted in another thread, I think that's a spurious argument.

The favorites list is the most practical and simplest solution for your situation if you want full screen on the #2 tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)