Can channels be set to go straight to the SD channel on a certain tuner?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It probably has something to do with the fact that both tuners are HD. I'll forward the request for you. Out of curiosity, is there a reason you don't want to look at the "HD" version of the channel?

Everytime I type in a channel number manually, (like 200 for CNN) it defaults to the HD channel, which is always squished, and/or doesn't fill the screen like the SD version does, but I'm always forced to go down a channel to the SD channel. Gets quite annoying after a while.

I leave the settings like they are on TV 1 in order to watch the HD channels on the mapdown channels. For example, channel 4 would be channel 4 in HD, not SD on that TV instead of HD channel 5xxx.

Now, for TV 2, I do not want to watch the HD channel on an SD TV because it just does not look right unless the channel is HD only. So, what I do is use the Channel Locks option. I lock out the HD channels on TV 2 that have SD duplicates. I forget the menu numbers for it; maybe someone can help while I am away from a Dish receiver. This does not affect TV 1. Therefore, when I press channel 4, I get the SD channel 4 and not the HD channel 4.

I hope that makes sense, and I hope that this helps you. :)

Last time I checked, in dual mode TV1 and TV2 favorites lists are independent of each other. So you could create a favorite list of HD channels on TV1 and SD channels on TV2.

Ah, ok. Shows how often I use the actual numbers. I've been a dish subscriber since the 7200 was "new" and still don't know the actual numbers for most of the channels I watch.

I suspect that the SD 4:3 formated channels will soon become a thing of the past along with the floppy disk and the 8 track. Dishnetwork could recover alot of bandwidth by dumping SD and probably drop a satellite. The dual receivers should default to letterbox in 4:3 format on TV 2 whenever an HD channel is selected.

The dual receivers should default to letterbox in 4:3 format on TV 2 whenever an HD channel is selected.
I beg your pardon! That is already an option, if not the default. (I thought it was the default, but if you say so, then I must be mistaken.)

Anyhow, IMHO what the receiver should do is go into anamorphic widescreen mode for those of us without 4:3 sets. This is not even an option for TV2.

Can one buy a 4:3 TV these days?

I beg your pardon! That is already an option, if not the default. (I thought it was the default, but if you say so, then I must be mistaken.)

Anyhow, IMHO what the receiver should do is go into anamorphic widescreen mode for those of us without 4:3 sets. This is not even an option for TV2.

Can one buy a 4:3 TV these days?
I stand corrected... What I said is not what I meant... Anamorphic widescreen is what I was thinking about when I typed Letterbox:eek:. I have a remote 16:9 tv that I watch HD channels in 16:9 via the modulator on TV 1. Why can't we do that also on TV 2?

I have a remote 16:9 tv that I watch HD channels in 16:9 via the modulator on TV 1. Why can't we do that also on TV 2?
Aha. In that case, I'm with you 100%! Some Dish gear-heads have claimed the chipset can't even do that. But as I posted in another thread, I think that's a spurious argument.

The favorites list is the most practical and simplest solution for your situation if you want full screen on the #2 tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)