Can DirectTV service address be Moved?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can speak from a position of knowledge on this one. :D You get the 4 major networks. Everything else is spotbeam and you won't get them.

Sorry, but your knowledge is lacking. You will also get the rsns for NY as they are on CONUS beams.

Yep unless on conus you have to be in a spotbeam of the market you want. NY and I think LA has a few channels on conus but the rest of their market is on spot. When choosing a move market you need to do your homework to see what you can get or live with a bit less if you choose a conus market.

we're just talking locals here :)

Yes, I just wanted to be sure that anyone reading his post understood that they would get the rsns as well as the big four if they are out of market.

So New York City CBS, ABC, Fox and NBC are Conus? Are they the HD channels? What about PBS?

So New York City CBS, ABC, Fox and NBC are Conus? Are they the HD channels? What about PBS?

Good question, I don't think PBS is CONUS. Anybody get the DNS hd channels from NY that can answer that question?

Does "moving" in this manner cause any problems with mirroring? More specifically, I guess, does the area code for the "new" address have to match the area code for the "old" address? And if it doesn't, how does one deal with the fact that the phone number hasn't changed?

People often have cell phones from areas they lived previously, in fact with number portability this is kinda common now.

Or just don't hook your receivers to the phone line. D* doesn't really require them for mirroring; unless you have like 16 receivers on your account they will never care.

Yup, the phone line thing was from when virtually everyone had a land line. Those numbers are getting smaller and smaller. Customers who "move" just don't connect their phone line.

Or just don't hook your receivers to the phone line. D* doesn't really require them for mirroring; unless you have like 16 receivers on your account they will never care.
Learned something new. Thanks. They still "advertise" that it's required for mirroring, but only one of mine is actually hooked to our landline, and I've never had a problem, so I'm not surprised to hear it. But then again I thought maybe I was just getting lucky.

As long as all your receivers on your account are calling in from the SAME #, you won't have any problems regardless of what THAT# might be. (IOW, if you would have more than 1 landline at your house, use ONLY 1 on all your boxes; otherwise that WILL raise a red flag!)
Or even if you have some receivers hooked to the same line & some not at all, that's not even a big deal...

I've got 3 receivers hooked up with no phone line (no landline). 1 is connected to internet for VOD and until a week ago I was a "mover". Had to move back for the HD upgrade and can't "move" back.....moved locals are on 119 and only have a SWM3 ;)

I've got 3 receivers hooked up with no phone line (no landline). 1 is connected to internet for VOD and until a week ago I was a "mover". Had to move back for the HD upgrade and can't "move" back.....moved locals are on 119 and only have a SWM3 ;)

Come on Ice... you know how to point something at 119 and hook it up ;)

Yup, the phone line thing was from when virtually everyone had a land line. Those numbers are getting smaller and smaller. Customers who "move" just don't connect their phone line.

When I moved my phone line magically fell out :D

Come on Ice... you know how to point something at 119 and hook it up ;)

not with a SWM setup ;) Its one cable into the house. If I wanted 119 I'd either have to swap the LNB to a SWM5 or redo the wiring completelly with a 6x8 multiswitch.....nah thats OK. The one station I want from Duluth (that shows hockey) neither provider carry (KBJR-DT2..."My Network" subchannel on NBC)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts