Can DirecTV D10 control VHF/UHF channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rabbitears

Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
I recently purchased a TiVo. I'd like to connect my cable provider signal to the TiVo RF input and I'd like to connect a VHF/UHF receiver to the TiVo component inputs. The reason I need to do this is because my local cable provider does not provide all of the over-the-air VHF/UHF channels available in my area. I also want the VHF/UHF receiver to be controlled by the TiVo using the "home control" or the "low speed data port".

I've been looking around and learned about the DirecTV D10 satellite receiver. This unit has a low speed data port connector on the back so it might be a good choice. Does anyone know if the DirecTV D10 can tune to VHF/UHF channels?

I don't have a DirecTV subscription and I don't want to sign up for one if I'm only intending to use the receiver as a "home controlled" VHF/UHF receiver for my TiVo.

Thanks for any help.

rabbitears said:
I recently purchased a TiVo. I'd like to connect my cable provider signal to the TiVo RF input and I'd like to connect a VHF/UHF receiver to the TiVo component inputs. The reason I need to do this is because my local cable provider does not provide all of the over-the-air VHF/UHF channels available in my area. I also want the VHF/UHF receiver to be controlled by the TiVo using the "home control" or the "low speed data port".

I've been looking around and learned about the DirecTV D10 satellite receiver. This unit has a low speed data port connector on the back so it might be a good choice. Does anyone know if the DirecTV D10 can tune to VHF/UHF channels?

I don't have a DirecTV subscription and I don't want to sign up for one if I'm only intending to use the receiver as a "home controlled" VHF/UHF receiver for my TiVo.

Thanks for any help.
This is a satellite TV forum and it does not support hacking. Your question is not about satellite TV and as far as the D-10 is involved your question shows either a total lack of knowledge or a dubious intent. :mad:

The short answer is, no. The tuner in any DBS satellite receiver only works with the digital signals from satellites. The only exceptions to this are high definition receivers, which incorporate an off-air (and in some cases, cable specific) tuner. This was done because many of the higher end HD monitors do not include tuners. This is to allow the videophile to purchase the receiving equipment of his/her choice.

In addition, the D-10 does not have component outputs. They do have composite (A/V) outputs, though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts