Can Dish Network LNBF be Used to Connect to Directv Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbryansmith

Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
I've recently discontinued my service with Dish Network and started service with Directv. I have 3 Directv connections going into my house. I would like to relocate one of these receivers to my shop which is several feet from my house. I don't want to bury the cable from my house to my shop. Instead, I would like to use my old Dish Network satellite dish. Can a Dish Network satellite dish with a digital LNBF (LNBF P/N 150782-CR1) be connected to the Directv receiver? If not, can a Directv LNB be installed in the Dish Network satellite dish after the Dish network LNB has been removed?

Also, if this is possible, is it legal?

Last edited:
I am just currious why can DIRECTV take our Distant Networks from ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX from us when we were grandfathered in the Distant Networks?

Mr_Hollywood2006 said:
I am just currious why can DIRECTV take our Distant Networks from ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX from us when we were grandfathered in the Distant Networks?

did you start getting your own locals, if so....you lose the distant nets. dont blame directv, its the FCC.

dragon:

Actually, Congress.

Sat providers are prohibited from offering DNS in regions where locals are offered, without a waiver from the local broadcaster.

H

cbryan:

Furthermore, if you swap providers, they'll likely give you a new dish for free.
Save yourself the headache and replace the whole thing.

cbryansmith said:
Can a Dish Network satellite dish with a digital LNBF (LNBF P/N 150782-CR1) be connected to a Directv receiver? If not, can a Directv LNB be installed in the Dish Network satellite dish after the Dish network LNB has been removed?
DISH Notwerk Legacy singles or DUALS not TWINS can be used for Directv:)

Mr_Hollywood2006 said:
\\

Nothing like hijackinga thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)