Can Hockey on OLN look...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gator5000e

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida
and sound any worse? It is awful. Really miss ESPN's coverage. At least with ESPN2HD we would have had a number of games in HD in addition to the few and far between HDNet games. Oh well.

Might get better responses in the sports forums...

I haven't caught hockey on oln so i can't comment...

OLN will be launching an hd channel late this year or early next. Until then they are carrying the NHL games in HD on INHD1. Now unlike espn or espn2 it isn't only select games, it is every game, Plus if you subscribe to comcast internet you get 2 FREE online ONLY games shown on their nhl website. Now DirecTV has a lawsuit against IN Demand because they tried to charge them more than they charge the cable companies for carriage of the INHD and INHD2 channels. We'll have to wait for the outcome of the lawsuit to see when or if the channels will be carried on directv. My guess is even if directv loses the lawsuit that in demand and directv will come to an agreement for directv to carry inhd1 and inhd2.

Who needs OLN ... The CI package was cheap enough this year and it's 1,000 games, with maybe 70 in HD on CH 95 & 78. OLN is great for cable subs without CI but other than that I would want to listen to Bill Clement, Gary Thorne and of course Melrose.

Games being blacked out

Here is a general question. I live in Boston and I have NESN and watch the Bruins games. Now NESN offers HD for cable but not for D* which is ok for now but what really pisses me off is that when a game is on HDNET it is blacked out. If they don't offer NESN in HD then I should be able to get it. This also happens when the Red Sox are on ESPNHD. Does anyone know why this is?

because the regional sports networks have the rights to the games. The same used to be for nhl on espn or espn2. Unless espn or espn2 have requested the NATIONAL rights to the game if the game is on your rsn and espn or espn2 you will only get your rsns coverage. The same goes for HDNET. I don't think HDNET can request National rights to the game unlike OLN which has the national right to ALL NHL games it shows.

Watching last nights Panther/Ranger game it looks like they are using web cams for the video and the audio sounds like a tin can with a string. Never seen such poor PQ, couldn't even follow the puck with my 55" HD TV.

Hockey on OLN is a joke, and a disgrace to the game.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)