Can I add a third dual tuner receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stewart20

Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
North East PA
Hello everyone,

I just registered and search the forums for an answer but could find an answer to my question. I want to add a third dual tuner receiver to my setup to give me 6 different viewing locations. Just finished off the basement with my daughters bedroom and a family room so I need two more tvs there.

This is what I have right now.

Dish Network, Classic silver 200 with DVR
Classic Gold 250, Gold HD.

A dish 500 with a DPP twin, and another dish that I can't see what's on it.

I have a VIP722 DVR in the living room, with a separator in back, and a separate line running to the MB on the same floor.

A 322 dual tuner receiver upstairs with separator feeding the two bedrooms up there.

Dish 500 is facing westardly I believe picking up 110 and 119. The other is facing south and I think is the 61.5 and a DP????? not sure.
According to my setup menu it looks like 61.5 is being fed into the input port of the twin lnb. Installation details......Port 3 external Llnb: DP Twin 61.5.

I have two line of rg6 coming into the house.

One line to the dual in the living room, and one line using diplexers to the rooms upstairs.

How do I add a third dual for the basement, or two singles to give me the 2 extra tvs.

Sorry to be so long winded, I hope I gave u enough info.

Thanks in advance for your help guys. I really appreciate it.

John

the dpp twin only supports 2 dual tuner receivers, you would need to replace the dpp twin with 2 dp single or duals or a dp twin and a dpp33 switch.
there may be other dish replacement options in your area (1000.2 or 1000.4) also that would eliminate the need for the dpp33 switch and may be less expensive.

Ok, Mack so sre you saying I need to add another dish, ( a third dish) or just swap out the dpp twin for a dp twin. Feed those into a dpp33 and then to my three receivers. I cant feed the outputs of the dpp twin into a switch. Maybe this is harder than I thought.

Much harder and much more expensive. You are at your leased maximum of 4 tuners. You must PURCHASE the additional receiver You need either additional switches or a replacement dish that you must PURCHASE and yes any labor is at your expense.

Yeah I know I have to purchase additional receivers, switches, dishes, lnb's, separators, and all the other stuff I might need,

My questions was can I do it and how. If somene could help me out with what I need I WILL PURCHASE it and I'm NOT worried about the labor either.

Stewart, the easiest route would be simply to replace your existing DPP twin with a DP twin and add a DPP33 switch to your setup. You would take 2 feeds from the DP twin and one feed from the other dish (likely a DP single) and feed them into the DPP33 switch. From there you would hook up the runs you already have going to your current receivers and then add another run going to the third dual tuner receiver.

Ok, I understand that, but will I have to make any adjustments on the dish alignment. Is it a simple swap of lnb's. I knew I would probaby have to run another line down from the dish thats bringing in 61.5.

Thanks to NSAFREAK. You are the guys people like me turn to for help. Thanks again for your post.

Gonna look for another 322 I think. They are fairly cheap and it's a dual.

If anyone has any other input on this setup I'd like to hear of the other options.

Thanks again for posting.

Nice! So I need to buy a DP twin, which look like they are next to nothing on ebay. A DPP33, a few separators, and a dual tuner receiver. I also need to run an additional rg6 line down to the DPP33 from my 61.5. Got it.

Is there any thing I will have to do when hooking up the 3rd dual receiver in the basement like in the set up menu, check switch or something. I've never had to deal with this before. Dealer did the initial install.

I won't have to worry about this until the spring because I'm not climbing on the roof thats covered with a foot of snow.

Thanks alot for your help. Any objections or any tips on buying off ebay for these devices. Lots of DP twins for like $1. DPP33 new in box for around 60. Time to start shopping. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stewart, the easiest route would be simply to replace your existing DPP twin with a DP twin and add a DPP33 switch to your setup. You would take 2 feeds from the DP twin and one feed from the other dish (likely a DP single) and feed them into the DPP33 switch. From there you would hook up the runs you already have going to your current receivers and then add another run going to the third dual tuner receiver.

A two dish set up is what I am going back to from a 1000.2. I had a two dish set up with DPP LNBs and they took it away when I got HD saying that I had to have the 1000.2. Which I am finding was not true. I'm having problems with 129 off my 1000.2 and was told by DISH that the only way to resolve it would be a two dish set up. When I told the tech that's what I had, he sounded surprised that they would change it if it worked. What can ya say? I have several 500's and a 300 with one DPP Dual and only need the DPP Single, since mine was broken when they took it down. That only leaves the DPP33.

I trust since I had the gear and I paid for it in the first place, that they'll replace it for free. But if not the most expensive part, since they tend to give away the dish and LNBs will be the DPP33 which I have found on the net for $20 new. Now the DPP44 is a big jump in price. But even with my whole house system won't need it.

I think I could run the line from the 61.5, replace the lnb, and do all the hook ups but I may need your help. I llive near Lake Wallenpaupack. Which NY border do u live near, 81 north or 84 East. Like I said I can't do anything until my roof is snow free. I have a Cape Cod with a 12x12 pitch roof and both dishes are on top of one of my dormers. Not going to attempt this until my roof is snow free.

Much harder and much more expensive. You are at your leased maximum of 4 tuners. You must PURCHASE the additional receiver You need either additional switches or a replacement dish that you must PURCHASE and yes any labor is at your expense.

Thanks, Your answer was the only one that explained what I would need to do. This must be your area of expertise. At least I know I have someone to turn to if I run into any problems.:hatsoff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)