Can I combine DISH's TV2 output with Comcast local channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hraner

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2005
I got Comcast local channels for free and I'd like to combine DISH 722 receiver's TV2 output(channel 60 or 73, set to 73 now) with Comcast local channels over one single coax cable. Is it possible?

I checked Comcast's channels, nothing on 60 or 73. However, if I put them together just using a 2-way splitter (in reverse), channel 73 is very fuzzy. Anyone knows what's the problem?

Thanks

I got Comcast local channels for free and I'd like to combine DISH 722 receiver's TV2 output(channel 60 or 73, set to 73 now) with Comcast local channels over one single coax cable. Is it possible?
Not without backfeeding into the Comcast plant unless you specifically install a channel 60 or channel 73 trap on the line.

I checked Comcast's channels, nothing on 60 or 73. However, if I put them together just using a 2-way splitter (in reverse), channel 73 is very fuzzy. Anyone knows what's the problem?
Just because there isn't analog video on that channel doesn't mean the frequency isn't in use. Comcast is in the process of reclaiming large chunks of frequency real estate by converting all video to digital QAM broadcast. Backfeeding channels into the cable plant is bound to interfere with services like high speed internet services and voice services. (not just for you, backfeeding into the plant will affect your neighbors as well.) If enough people in your neighborhood complain you'll come home and find your cable disconnceted one day after they trace the source of ingress. This happened to my neighbor who had an old TV hooked up that was spewing noise back into the neighborhood plant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)