Can I connect ONLY 61.5?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

krush02

Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
Hey guys... I'm trying to set up something temporary to get CBS-HD for the Final Four this weekend. I currently have a Dish 500 pointed at 110 and 119, connected to an 811 receiver. So I need another dish pointed at 61.5.

Here's my question: If I disconnect my main dish, and connect a new single-LNB dish directly to my 811, will I be able to aim it at 61.5 and get CBS-HD? (Obviously losing everything on 110 and 119.) Or will my receiver just give an error or something when it doesn't see the switches and satellites it's used to seeing?

Should work just fine with only a dish at 61.5. You should probably run a check switch when you change over so your 811 knows what it's looking at. Run it again when you switch back.

If you have the second single-focus dish anyway, consider adding an SW21 and make the addition of 61.5 permanent. They are only about $10 on EBay.

No one has mentioned it yet, but did you make sure you qualified for CBS-HD, and ordered it from E*? From what I've always heard, you cant just aim a dish at 61.5 and get CBS-HD...and depending on where you live you may not qualify for the channel at all.

Cool. Thanks guys! I picked up a used dish tonight and I will try it out tomorrow. I have a waiver for CBS-HD, and I'm currently receiving the NY and LA feeds on 243 and 244, so I *think* that means I'm set for the HD feed as well. I will try it and see what happens.

There's also a free HD-Demo channel on 61.5. Always wanted to know what kind of programs are on that channel. Dish refuses to say anything about it.

While on the topic of 61.5, I need to add my dish 300 back up along with my super dish to get CBS HD back from NYC for which I have a waiver. My local CBS station turned off the HD feed. Question is I have a DP34 switch with my super dish. Can I use a DP21 switch to add the dish 300 on to get 61.5? or do I need to get a DP44 from ebay? CBS HD is already active on my account!!

has anyone used a DP34 with a DP21 with an 811 receiver? (I have 3 receivers an 811, 6000, and a DVR).

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)