Can I get East Coast Feed in the West

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cocophone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2004
I live in Oregon and I can't get CBS, because of the Fisher dispute.

My wife told me that a co-worker's friend got Dish to give them the East Coast feed, since they can't broadcast the local CBS feed.

Does this seem possible to anybody?

Or temporarily "move" to the nearest dma with a CBS and you can get your stations. Please do a search for "MOVING" and it will tell you all you need to know .

The nearest DMA Portland, Oregon. Which is also a Fisher Station, except instead of CBS I would lose ABC. Either way I lose out.

The longer the problem between Dish and Fisher drags out, the more I'm looking at the MRV capabilities that Directv is working on.

I demo'ed an antenna from the local dish network installer. Because of my location I need to spend some money to buy a good one. Also, my DVR a 522 does not dvr OTA signals, so I would need to upgrade my DVR. I don't have HDTVs right now, so I don't want to upgrade my DRVs.

I just want what I was paying for last December.

I demo'ed an antenna from the local dish network installer. Because of my location I need to spend some money to buy a good one. Also, my DVR a 522 does not dvr OTA signals, so I would need to upgrade my DVR. I don't have HDTVs right now, so I don't want to upgrade my DRVs.

I just want what I was paying for last December.
I hope that you have called/e-mailed Fisher and the CBS station to ask them to end their dispute with E*.

The 522 will pass the OTA signal through to a VCR. A little old tech but still a viable option for recording shows.

I hope that you have called/e-mailed Fisher and the CBS station to ask them to end their dispute with E*.
Or better yet call Dish and tell them to end their dispute with Fisher.

I'm still a fan of Dish overall, but why is it that these disputes always involve Dish and never DirecTV? :confused:

Dish did take $10 a month off my bill for 12 months. They didn't say anything about extending my contract, but I suspect they did without telling me.

Since the dispute started, I sent at least $10 a month downloading TV shows from iTunes. My dsl is not fast enough to avoid buffering on hulu or cbs.com

I'm still a fan of Dish overall, but why is it that these disputes always involve Dish and never DirecTV? :confused:
Really? How about this one? KJZZ http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...ed-midnight-1-1-09-update-back-2-11-09-a.html
And then there was the dispute with LIN TV: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/129892-lin-tv.html
There are others if you do a search. ALL cable and sat providers have disputes with local channels. Some are just more vocal about them.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)