Can I get HD from Dish or did I make a critical mistake?

Kaydigi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
Am I SOL with getting HD with Dish?

My setup
Super Dish
2 DP-34 Switches
Satellites 119/110/105
625 (Leased)
522 (Owned)
721 (Owned)

I just did the Dish’n it up 2 months ago for the 625; I figured I wouldn’t get a HD set until December or January. That was now a mistake cause low and behold things went my way and now I am able to get a HD Set in a about 3 weeks.

As of right now I see you can only trade in a 921/942 to upgrade to a 622 through dish. I would just go ahead and buy one from the Dishstore when they are readily available and have the USB hard drive option enabled. The problem with this is, it won’t include someone to install the proper dish needed.

Now I’m in Richmond, VA so what dish (or Dishes) would I need to receive all the new channels plus locals? I live in townhouse apartment with space in the back for a super dish, but I doubt I can fit a super dish and a dish 500 without someone objecting or the space being too small. I’m not sure how big the D1000 is so I do not know the size relation of it coexisting to another dish.

So to boil things down; when I end up getting a 622 from the Dishstore, how much do I expect to pay for the new dish or dishes that need to be installed.

Worst Case scenarios I am thinking of
Dish 1000 for the HD and lose the locals. (I can get them OTA without guide data, which would suck)
Dish 1000 for HD and Comcast for their HD and Locals (Don’t know what they offer yet but I will look into it if it is a viable option)
Dish 1000 for HD and wait for locals to move to 129

Thank you very much in advance.

You should be able to lease a 622 from dish now for $299. It has been reported people are able to do 2 leases in a year now.

Considering that they have decided 129 is out for Washington DC 90 miles north of you, I would be surprised if your locals move to 129. It would seem you might need 119/110 and 61.5. You can easily get by with a Dish 300 for 61.5.

mike123abc said:
You should be able to lease a 622 from dish now for $299. It has been reported people are able to do 2 leases in a year now.

Then I would be giving E* another 18 months and paying another Lease Fee, is that correct?

HDTVFanAtic said:
Considering that they have decided 129 is out for Washington DC 90 miles north of you, I would be surprised if your locals move to 129. It would seem you might need 119/110 and 61.5. You can easily get by with a Dish 300 for 61.5.

Then I would need a DP44 switch for 4 Sats correct? Is the Dish 300 future proof, will all the future MP4 HD channels be on 61.5?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)