Can I Get Hopper 3 WA International Programming?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tornado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Tulsa
Can I Get Hopper 3 WA International Programming?
I called yesterday and ordered.
The third party installer arrived today and it looked like he had all the correct parts according to a diagram I have seen here on SatelliteGuys. I wasn't sure about the LNBF for 118.7. This installer had a new style from what I am using with my current DPP 44 switches and VIP receivers. This installer had never set up a Dish for 118.7 and since I had the question this installer decided to call Dish's technical support. Dish's technical support told him that Hopper 3 would not work on WA with international. This seems to contradict the fact that Dish sent this installer out with the work order to do this and and with all the components. He called his supervisor and a someone else that used to be a technician. They both told him it would work but not to use the Hybrid Solo Hub and and instead use the older node, and also that he could just use one dish with the DP 500+ with 129. I wasn't sure but I thought without the Hybrid Hub and the DP Hybrid WA LNBF the 16 tuners of the Hopper 3 might not work. I wasn't sure about any of this so I chose to hold off until I get some clarity. Please help? What the heck am I supposed to do? I really wanted to get this.

I don't believe that will work until they come out with yet another LNB, expected later this year.

What about the installation diagrams for Hopper 3 from this website that show WA for international customers?

Just got off the phone with Dish. Must of been a fluke that Dish installer technical support told this installer international with western arch will not work with Hopper 3 because Dish customer service said their system doesn't make mistakes. They are going to send someone else out tomorrow. I have my doubts after this experience. Now I wondering which LNBFs for Hopper 3 to make all 16 tuners work? The Hybrid or Regular? Which hub for Hopper 3 to make all 16 tuners work? The Hybrid Solo Hub or the older node? For the insertion of 118.7 do I need the new style LNBF or may they use my older one? Will Hopper 3 work at all with the western arch and international programming? I'll find out. If this works, this will be the first Hopper system for me. I'm really excited about it.

The hybrid LNB will allow all 16 tuners. The hybrid solo hub will do the same. There is somebody on this website that lives in Oregon or Washington that has a 118 separate dish that plugs into the the WA LNB and gets all of the channels.

I can answer my own question about Hopper 3 WA with International thanks to the experience I now have, and the help and information I absorbed from here on this site. My Hopper 3 system with internationals is installed and works great. The Dish technitions inserted 118 from my older Dish Pro 500+ already set up into the input on the Hybrid WA LNBF of the new dish just like the diagram. They sent two in house installers and a supervisor. The supervisor said he always has the old style Dish Pro 500+ LNBF available because he has had problems trying to make the new style DP 500+ LNBF work in this configuration. One of the other younger installers commented that the newer style works as long as you use the third port. Who knows, but mine works. I don't think another company would give me the kind of service I got, and I bet you there is not a better system or service out there. I'm happy. Thank to for the help I received. I am now way ahead of the pack.

I can answer my own question about Hopper 3 WA with International thanks to the experience I now have, and the help and information I absorbed from here on this site. My Hopper 3 system with internationals is installed and works great. The Dish technitions inserted 118 from my older Dish Pro 500+ already set up into the input on the Hybrid WA LNBF of the new dish just like the diagram. They sent two in house installers and a supervisor. The supervisor said he always has the old style Dish Pro 500+ LNBF available because he has had problems trying to make the new style DP 500+ LNBF work in this configuration. One of the other younger installers commented that the newer style works as long as you use the third port. Who knows, but mine works. I don't think another company would give me the kind of service I got, and I bet you there is not a better system or service out there. I'm happy. Thank to for the help I received. I am now way ahead of the pack.
Yes, it is well known and confirmed by Dish Exec Vivek Khempka quite a while ago that the ONLY way to get 4 sats for a H3 is to use TWO refelectors. However, Dish is saying '"NO!" to any H3 installs installs that require more than ONE reflector because--most likely--it is not an economical install, the cost of the extra refelctor. Vivek even confirmed that it is technically possible to have two H3's installed at one location, but each H3 would require its own reflector, so, for now, Dish is saying "NO!" to any multiple H3 installs since it requires a SECOND reflector they don't want to pay for. Now, if one wanted two H3's AND looking at a 4th satellite, well that would require FOUR reflectors and you know what Dish says to that? "NO!" A very few here have TWO H3's, but requiring the additional equipment.

The good news is that a new switch that allows for multiple H3's at one install using the current 1000+ that also looks at a 4th sat using the current ONE reflector and current LNBF's. That switch is supposed to be available by the end of this year. I and others are waiting for it. I also look at 118, and what the new switch means is that I can have TWO H3's and look at all 4 sats with my current LNBF's (New style 500+ LNBF single unit paired with one LNBF for 129) single reflector 1000+ and need not touch anything on the roof nor add any additional refelectors.

It seems a lot of people keep going through what the OP does or have been told "NO" and don't know why and post here. It would be wise if we could spread the word somehow WHY (that additional reflector) Dish will not accomodate those who need 118 with an H3, or even two H3's, and also let people know the solution is supposed to be leater this year.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I can see where currently Hopper 3 WA with internationals would be some extra work, being an installation requiring two dishes. I really wanted to upgrade, Compared to what I had, VIP, Hopper 3 is far less cumbersome, multi room coverage is better, and it appears to be economical. Getting all the new additional features is the bonus. Dish has always been the best for me, and to me, and I'm sure they will continue to be.

Dish let me order Hopper 3 even though I have International. At the time I ordered, I didn't really know for sure how the Hopper 3 was going to be set up with international. I had some ideas from what I read in some of Scott's posts. I thought no problem.

The first installer, third party, arrived and was unsure how to install this. I had shared with him what limited knowledge I had. He called Dish technical support for installers and Dish told him "NO!". After consulting with his supervisor and a buddy that used to be a technician this third party installer was inclined to use one dish without the Dish Pro Hybrid LNBF to install the Hopper 3 system. I had limited knowledge, but I said to myself, "that won't work properly with the Hopper 3", so I called it off.

When I called in Dish about this, without hesitation they came through. A second appointment was set up where my system was given their full attention.

I got two regular in house technicians and supervisor for a total of three.

By the time this appointment took place I had started this thread, done more research on here, and was pretty sure I was on the right track. Two dishes, pole mounted were already installed in my configuration because I had separated 129 off of the 1000+ onto it's own dedicated 24" dish to improve the signal. I have a lot of trees. Everything gave the Hopper 3 installation WA with international a big head start. It was only necessary to change my second dish, not install it from scratch. The 1000.2 with Dish Pro Hybrid WA LNBF replaced the 24" dish dedicated for 129. A line was run from 118 on my 1000+ with the older style Dish Pro 500+ LNBF and inserted into the new Dish Pro Hybrid LNBF attached to the 1000.2 reflector that was now where my separate, dedicated 24" dish for 129 had been pole mounted. I believe this made my install easier. My existing wiring was utilized. I am very happy to have this new set up, and grateful to Dish for allowing it. Hopper 3 WA with internationals works great, and I don't think there was an extreme amount of extra work in my case.

Maybe it was a perfect storm of opportunity that allowed this installation to take place. I was able to find out about Hopper 3 technology here, and get it. I love this. It is working great for me. Thanks to all the help and advice. I am very happy.

Reactions: charlesrshell
What is somewhat sad is that both the Charlie Chat and Tech Forum would have answered questions like this with what was often a good reason, economics or otherwise. Charlie would flat out tell you it was the cost and never tried to conceal that. Of course, he would have gone on to say that a solution is on its way and a new switch will make it economical to install multiple H3's, and ask us to have patience.

Now, we get NOTHING!!!! Maybe Ergen and Mark Jackson could produce and email a some sort of "Word from the . . . CEO at Dish or Echo where they answer or address some of the most common questions, comments or concerns. At least the customer will know that Dish has not abandoned its international or 3 and 3+ orbital slot customers from the H3 experience who need not feel like Dish does not want their business or is of no help to them but has not forgotten them and the H3 is coming to those customers, and we appreciate your business.

Right now, one can't depend upon a CSR to let people know that a solution is on the way and most likely available before the end of the year. If Dish did more customer care like that, it wold save Dish whatever freebies they have to hand out because customers are just told "NO" and feel left out of the H3 experience and a bit offended by Dish.

The good old Charlie Chats and Tech Chats. I remember those.
For whatever reason the technical help line that the third party installer contacted said "NO!, Hopper 3 WA with internationals could not be done" after I had been told by Dish Customer Service, "YES!, I could get it". This third party installer was over his head. I, the Dish customer, could not provide the guidance that was needed at the time.
Ultimately, Dish Customer Service never said "NO!". Dish Cusomer Service always said "YES!". Dish Customer Service made it happen fast. Dish Customer Service did not agree with whoever said "NO!" in my case.
I was able to overcome all obstacles to getting the Hopper 3 upgrade to my system that is WA with internationals with guidance, knowledge, and desire.
Dish was good to me.
I now have Hopper 3. I like it, and I'm grateful I got it. Hopper 3 is really good.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts