Can I have a 522 & a 625 on the same account?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shippy1973

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
I already have a 522 and a 322 from a DHA back in June of 04 so my year is up. I want to return the 322 and buy a 625 (perhaps off E-bay) Can I do this? If I could, do I just deactivate and send back the 322 to Dish?

uhhh...is your non-DVR receiver a 311 or a 322? Big difference between the two as far as wiring goes.

I'm not sure how Dish will approach things since you're still leasing equipment. Someone with more experience in the sales end of things will probably chime in later on this evening.

shippy1973 said:
I already have a 522 and a 311 from a DHA back in June of 04 so my year is up. I want to swap out the 311 and buy a 625 (perhaps off E-bay) Can I do this? If I could, do I just deactivate and send back the 322 to Dish?

Yeah, you aren't being clear. You said you have a 522 and 311 but you want to send back the 322. Do you have a 322? Did you mean the 522? Then you said you want to swap out the 311. Swap it out with who? I doubt DISH will swap a 311 for a 625. You can't swap it out with anyone else because a leased receiver belongs to DISH.

*Post Edited*

Sorry all... I have a 322 that I leased back in June of 04 that I would like to return to Dish for a 625 that I *buy* from E-Bay or a retailer...

So I would have a 625 and a 522 on my account and no 322.

Does that help?

What about costs?

Forgive the newbie question, but how would purchasing a 625 (replacing a 322) alongside a leased 522 affect my monthly bill? I would expect to pay another $5/month dvr fee for the additional (625) dvr, and I would expect to substract the $5/month second receiver fee, since I'd own the second unit, thereby netting out at zero change-- is that right? In short, just trying to gauge the expense (besides the outlay for the 625) of making a similar change in my own set up.

The second unit charge is for use of the unit on the Dish network system, not for leasing the unit.

You would pay $10 more per month +$5 and+$5, not +5$ and -$5.

Jim5506 said:
The second unit charge is for use of the unit on the Dish network system, not for leasing the unit.

You would pay $10 more per month +$5 and+$5, not +5$ and -$5.

Wrong. The 322 and 625 are both dual-tuner receivers and would be charged the same way. The only difference is the $4.98/month DVR fee. He would pay an extra $4.98/month, NOT $10 more per month.

djezpmc said:
Forgive the newbie question, but how would purchasing a 625 (replacing a 322) alongside a leased 522 affect my monthly bill? I would expect to pay another $5/month dvr fee for the additional (625) dvr, and I would expect to substract the $5/month second receiver fee, since I'd own the second unit, thereby netting out at zero change-- is that right? In short, just trying to gauge the expense (besides the outlay for the 625) of making a similar change in my own set up.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGE to owning a receiver. In fact, it could be considered a disadvantage since you had to pay to buy it and get no savings vs. a lease. Plus, when the receiver breaks, YOU own it, not Echostar. If you lease a receiver, you pay a $5 lease fee. If you own it, the fee is just renamed to a $5 Additional Receiver Fee. Here is an easy breakdown of how you will be charged using the tuners as a reference point:

522 Tuner 1: $0.00/month Lease Fee (One receiver included in package price)
522 Tuner 2: $4.99/month Additional Receiver Fee (Waived if 522 continuously connected to home phone line)
625 Tuner 1: $5.00/month Additional Receiver Fee
625 Tuner 2: $4.99/month Additional Receiver Fee (Waived if 625 continuously connected to home phone line)
522: $4.98/month DVR Fee
625: $4.98/month DVR Fee

chaddux said:
There is ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGE to owning a receiver. In fact, it could be considered a disadvantage since you had to pay to buy it and get no savings vs. a lease.
Unless, of course, you won the receiver, like an HD DVR, from a SatelliteGuys chat drawing. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)