Can I have two dishes in separate locations on one account???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Aparrently they cannot tell, the question is, what if they did know or found out?? And what is their policy??

If the end result is that you have receivers at two totally different locations, you will be violating your Terms of Service. In this case, they could charge you for a second account and then cancel service. But, the question is, how would they find out?

There are many threads here about using receivers at vacation homes.

Here's the same question in reverse: Is it possible to have two accounts at the same address? If someone "moved" to an address that already has an associated D* account, would their system blow its mind?

Here's the same question in reverse: Is it possible to have two accounts at the same address? If someone "moved" to an address that already has an associated D* account, would their system blow its mind?

In this case, wouldn't you think that the person moving in would talk to the person already there and work things out so they could maximize thier viewing potential and Cancel the lower service ?

Unless your talking as apt scenario, in which they may want to keep their sub separate.

Is this possible, and if so does Directv allow this or not??

There are basically two scenarios, maybe you can tell us which one you might fall under.

Scenario 1: You have a vacation home that you travel to and you want to take a receiver there. That's a gray area. It works because you are only at one location at a time. You can even change your location with D* when you get there. Many people do this with their vacation homes or RV's. Not a problem.

Scenario 2: Account stacking. You are getting an extra receiver on your account and giving it to a friend or relative so they can have service for $10.00. That is theft, plain and simple. Don't do it. You will be shut down and potentially banned for life if you are caught. You also risk prosecution, although that rarely happens.

I always thought red flags went up if its a house with more than one account. Apt complexes are different ;)

Newbie with same ques

I am in the same boat. I currently have directv at home with 2 HD recievers.

I have a vacation home in rural Maine. (no cable or phone, but have electric)

I bought a directv dish at a yard sale for $7. The dish is exactly like the one I have a home now.

Can I install the dish in rural Maine, and just bring my receiver with me when I head up? Then take it home with me.

I assume these boards are filled with how to set up the dish in the correct position?

Thx

I always thought red flags went up if its a house with more than one account. Apt complexes are different ;)

That's what I wondering. I guess it all depends if their system looks for duplicate addresses. Of course, this really doesn't have anything to do with the OP's question, which is certainly completely illegal.

Last edited:

I bought a directv dish at a yard sale for $7. The dish is exactly like the one I have a home now.

Can I install the dish in rural Maine, and just bring my receiver with me when I head up? Then take it home with me.

I assume these boards are filled with how to set up the dish in the correct position?

Thx

Depending on where your are now, you may not get your local channels in Maine. What is your zip code?

There are basically two scenarios, maybe you can tell us which one you might fall under.

Scenario 1: You have a vacation home that you travel to and you want to take a receiver there. That's a gray area. It works because you are only at one location at a time. You can even change your location with D* when you get there. Many people do this with their vacation homes or RV's. Not a problem.

Scenario 2: Account stacking. You are getting an extra receiver on your account and giving it to a friend or relative so they can have service for $10.00. That is theft, plain and simple. Don't do it. You will be shut down and potentially banned for life if you are caught. You also risk prosecution, although that rarely happens.

+ Scenario 3: Running a distant (long) home run line is just too hard so you spike a dish to the tower where the ugly daughter lives.

Joe

Last edited:

Thx

Go for it.

The dish will be in 04084. Why wouldn't I get local channels?

It all depends on how far your particular Spot Beam reaches.
How far from home is where your going ?

Most cities, (all but NY and LA) are on Spot Beams now and once you go outside of that spot beam, you lose the Local signal.

The dish will be in 04084. Why wouldn't I get local channels?

What is your zip code where you are now? The reason I ask is to see what your local channels are so we can give you a good idea whether or not you will get your locals in Maine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)