Can I identify the age of a Direct TV dish by Barcode

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Missing

Original poster
Aug 29, 2016
Dallas
I am trying to determine the age of a Direct TV dish by the barcode? Is this possible.
XES3G1505E3547 is the bar code.

Thanks

the only serial numbers that start with an X were either WVB or a WIFI deca. kinda tipsy right now so i cant remember which. leaning to WVB. if i had to guess I'd say old as hell. and the dish has nothing to do with the LNB. they may be installed at the same time, but you can replace the lnb multiple times over on the same odu. case in point, saw one of the original KAKU odu's a while back with 1800 MHZ cable. ended up not working on the system because of some reason or another, but the ODU would accept a RB3 LNB if i decided to put it in.

the only serial numbers that start with an X were either WVB or a WIFI deca. kinda tipsy right now so i cant remember which. leaning to WVB. if i had to guess I'd say old as hell. and the dish has nothing to do with the LNB. they may be installed at the same time, but you can replace the lnb multiple times over on the same odu. case in point, saw one of the original KAKU odu's a while back with 1800 MHZ cable. ended up not working on the system because of some reason or another, but the ODU would accept a RB3 LNB if i decided to put it in.

Wouldn't an "original" Ka/Ku ODU be an old AT-9 with the 110/119 sidecar?

And certainly a Rev. Band 5 (or any other Slimline LNB for that matter) would fit on the AT-9 would it?

Also wouldn't the original Ka/Ku installs need the standard 3 GHz rated RG-6 coax for legacy operation where the highest frequency is 2150 MHz (top of the Ka-hi band block)?

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)