Can I install a 322 receiver as a second reciever?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Is it a twin or quad LNB? If it is only a twin (with just 2 outputs) you would only be able to use 1 tuner, which basically defeats the purpose of it. If it's a quad, you would need to run 2 cables from the quad to the 322, which would work fine.

You need to get a Quad. You can pick one up cheap on Ebay. You need to hook up both tuners for the 322 to work, which mean you need to run 2 cables from the dish to the receiver.

pjm8047 said:
I have a 4900. How about if I use this switch to a 322?
http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=44&products_id=78

Sorry, I thought he posted the DP separator, NOT the splitter.
(you guys are TOO fast today) ;) ;)

I'd go the route of replacing the duals with a DishPro Plus Twin & getting a DP Separator for the 322, as that way you don't have to run a 2nd coax for the 322, like you would if you went the other routes.

That's not a switch, also go back and read the bold print.

You have several options:
- replace your duals with a legacy Quad
- replace the duals with a DishPro Plus Twin, get a DP Separator for the 322
- keep the duals, replace the SW21(s) with an SW44 or SW64

The Dish Pro Plus stuff has a built in Adapter for legacy receivers, so they will work on 4900 and other older receivers, I have done it, works fine, plus saves me from having to install a Dish Pro Adapter.

The dishpro plus lnb will work with all generations of receivers.... dish pro, pro plus, and legacy...
as long as there is at least on dish pro, or pro plus reciever connected,
a legacy alone won't work.
the lnb won't get enough power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)