Can I just add a reciever?

wcnghj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
New England
Let's say I buy a refurbished receiver from dishstore.net, can I just hook it up and call dish with the receiver ID and have them send me a smart card? This would be my second receiver.

Will they charge a monthly fee, or is that just if you lease a receiver?

Thanks!

Yes, you can add a purchased receiver. You will need a cable coming from the dish or switch to give the receiver the satellite signal. You just call Dish Network and they will activate it for you. Depending on what model the receiver is, you pay a lease fee.

211 or 211k $7.00
222 $14
612 $10
622/722/722k/922 $17.00

if you ordered from the dishstore the card should be up to date

They will charge the receiver fee....varies between 7 & 17 bucks depending on what receiver you get

single tuner no DVR...7 bucks
dual tuner no DVR...14 bucks
single HD receiver no DVR...10 bucks
dual HD receiver with DVR...17 bucks

Yes, you can add a purchased receiver. You will need a cable coming from the dish or switch to give the receiver the satellite signal. You just call Dish Network and they will activate it for you. Depending on what model the receiver is, you pay a lease fee.

211 or 211k $7.00
222 $14
612 $10
622/722/722k/922 $17.00

They charge a fee even if you own the receiver? So I could lease one and pay the same monthly fee?

They charge a fee even if you own the receiver?
Yes. Charging a monthly fee for owned receivers is something they've been doing since the very beginning.
So I could lease one and pay the same monthly fee?
Exactly. The point of buying a receiver is if you're up to your limit on leased receivers and DISH won't lease you another.

The warranty on a leased receiver never expires. You may not be able to say that about an owned receiver.
You pretty much can say that. Leased or owned, they will replace it if it fails. Need to be on DHPP.

They'll replace it in most cases if its owned (and you have the service plan)

My grandma had a 311 that was owned and just "died"...would show 0 signal even though it was a good line. Called Dish and they sent out a replacement 311 and we shipped back the bad one.

no extra charges other than the service plan that she had anyways

What would be the consequence of using a receiver that you are not sure is leased or owned if it turns out to be leased?

What would be the consequence of using a receiver that you are not sure is leased or owned if it turns out to be leased?

If you own the receiver and decide to leave you still own the receiver. If you lease and leave, DIsh wants it back and they will charge you $15.00 to send it back to them (they send a box with a prepaid UPS label).
Thats all I can think of

Ross

They'll still be wrong, dependent upon the good wishes of Dish and the random CSR. Lately, not a comfortable thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)