can I move the recorded programs from the HDDVR to my media player?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dwallace115

Original poster
May 6, 2010
Mesa, AZ
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum. DirectTv customer with HR22-100 HDDVR. Still learning a lot about the system, but my interest is in finding out if I can move the recorded programs from the HDDVR to my media player so I can watch them on flights as I travel a lot. If someone could direct me to the area of the forum that addresses that, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance,
Doug from Mesa, Az

There isnt any convenient way of doing this. Everything on the dvr is encrypted out the wazoo, and there are no tools provided to move shows to a PC or other device. Only encrypted streaming to a pc thats on the same local network as the dvr.

You'll have to get the shows from another source thats not encrypted or allows for a dowload to a portable device.

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum. DirectTv customer with HR22-100 HDDVR. Still learning a lot about the system, but my interest is in finding out if I can move the recorded programs from the HDDVR to my media player so I can watch them on flights as I travel a lot.

Not sure what you mean by "media player". However, I have a method that works although it has nothing to do with a HDDVR. On one of my DTV HD receivers, I have an output (s-video) that feeds an old Tivo receiver (Series II). I record mainly HBO movies on the Tivo. I then access them via Tivo Desktop to my PC where I convert them to a format that I can play on my iPhone or read them directly with my Acer netbook for viewing on a flight.

I have to admit this method is a PITA as it can take several hours to download them via Tivo Desktop and then run a conversion program to be able to read them with my iPhone.

While the above method is free, sometimes I think it's better to just pay iTunes to rent the films rather than jump through all the hoops above. Better yet, just take a good book along to read.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)