can I pay my bill at Blockbuster?

It's really amazing that Dish is slowly turning Blockbuster into a mail order/"Dish only" streaming service when they could be leveraging those stores to promote and sell Dish to people (and allow people to trade/turn-in equipment and pay bills). What a waste of money. Since the chain doesn't make much if any money, all of the stores could be considered "under-performing" and end up being closed when their leases are up. Been to a BB store lately? The rental shelves are getting fewer all the time and the "used for sale" tables are overflowing. Not a good sign.

Mochuf said:
It's really amazing that Dish is slowly turning Blockbuster into a mail order/"Dish only" streaming service when they could be leveraging those stores to promote and sell Dish to people (and allow people to trade/turn-in equipment and pay bills). What a waste of money. Since the chain doesn't make much if any money, all of the stores could be considered "under-performing" and end up being closed when their leases are up. Been to a BB store lately? The rental shelves are getting fewer all the time and the "used for sale" tables are overflowing. Not a good sign.

I know that was their plan when they bought BB. Have and sell services for Dish at the BB stores. Never happened seeing their closing most of them now. 1500 down to 1000 and probably the rest when those leases are up.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Are you guys aware of the tremendous cost to keep a store open? Why Amazon does unbelievably well? Think how much heating and electric costs alone have gone up. In Ct here at least three times what it was for fuel oil, and electric almost twice what it was. And while there are varying thoughts on the matter, recent laws about minimum wage, mandatory time off for companies over certain number of employees, and others certainly don't promote a store staying open. I don't even want to drive 8 miles round trip to the nearest redbox here in CT in the Winter, let alone where the closet store ever was even when Blockbuster was going full force. Brick and morter problems is why Best Buy is left standing almost alone in many areas because so many others have failed. We have P.C Richards now too, the store is literally empty during the day during the week. The only reason I buy from either of them would be because generally they will match the Amazon price.

Perhaps some installers who have a building they are already using anyway might want to expand and include BB and have a store front. Seems like the days of an actual storefront for only renting/buying movies being Mom and Pop or chainstore are coming to an end. There's a reason for that.....

My local Blockbuster does have a big Dish display with a nice big flat screen hooked up to Dish HD and a sound bar. They have a table with some Dish info and a Dish remote sitting on it so you can flip through the guide and change channels if you want. I have no idea if they actually sell service or accept bill pay though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)