SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
I set my 622 to record the following on march 22

8:58 American idol TV-2 in SD SAT-LOCAL
8:58 lost in HD on OTA TV-1
8:58 EMERIL LIVE TV-1 in SD SAT CHANNEL

THE 622 DID NOT SAY IT WAS A CONFLICT.
HAS ANYONE TESTED THIS YET? DISHNETWORK DOES NOT ADVERTISE THIS.

Kryspy said:
Hi,

Yes. The 942 will do it as well. In fact you can record those 3 at once and watch a show previously recorded off the HD.

Kryspy
Actually if your in dual mode you can record 3 and watch 2 previously recorded shows.

STORMBO said:
I set my 622 to record the following on march 22

8:58 American idol TV-2 in SD SAT-LOCAL
8:58 lost in HD on OTA TV-1
8:58 EMERIL LIVE TV-1 in SD SAT CHANNEL

THE 622 DID NOT SAY IT WAS A CONFLICT.
HAS ANYONE TESTED THIS YET? DISHNETWORK DOES NOT ADVERTISE THIS.

What is even more amazing is that YOU advretize that you record, American idol, Lost & Emeril.

For your sake I hope no one you work with figures out who you are by your username.:devil:

I AM JUST KIDDING YOU, please do not take offense

Jordan

I was just giving you a little ribbing, I mean no offense.

You are correct that you can record 3 different things at once, & even watch 2 recorded shows all at the same time.

And for the record I watch Lost, Idol, and sometimes watch Emeril

Jordan

I didn't even know you could record OTA on the 622. I thought the OTA was just to watch. That is cool. Maybe I will get an antenna to watch OTA. Do the indoor ones work good? I tried Rabbit Ears and they don't work.

Last edited:
mdntblu said:
I didn't even know you could record OTA on the 622. I thought the OTA was just to watch. That is cool. Maybe I will get an antenna to watch OTA. Do the indoor ones work good? I tried Rabbit Ears and they don't work.
What's the point of a DVR if you can't record?

I bought a Silver Sensor from ValueElectronics (Gold Sponsor here), and it works great with the 622.

LER

mdntblu said:
That all depends on how far you are from the towers. Look at http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx
and enter your address and zip code to see which stations you can receive and which type of antenna they recommend.

You may report back here for further aid.

Actually right after I posted that message I went on Best Buy's webpage and looked for an antenna. I found this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7457682&type=product&id=1125465159259
on their website. Thought to myself what the heck it's only $25. So my wife was at Target and there is a best buy in the same parking lot so I called her with the info and she went in and picked it up for me. (funny thing was the guy helping her was hitting on her until she said this is for my husband at home - hehehehe). I hooked it up and did a search and found 40 channels. They all had a 68 or above signal. I then went through them all and identified them and was surprised at how many I got. I was thinking I might get a couple but I got all the major networks plus a bunch of other stations. So then since the antenna wasn't that pretty I decided to use my other coax cable I ran for the 622 that I ended up not needing and hooked then antenna up outside to see if I got a better signal. Worked even better. So I put it in a plastic organizer case screwed to the roof for protection and left it up there. An outdoor antenna for $24. hehehehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts